Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dannyboy

CCM HT Resistance weight

Hey guys,

Maybe a bit of a random question but I bought a CCM HT Resistance helmet the other day, mainly for the way it fit (like a glove) but when doing a bit of googling I also noticed that it's advertised as  being super light - 252 grams according to TotalHockey.  The R300 is supposed to be 500 grams or so.

I thought it felt a bit heavy so I put it on the kitchen scales and it comes in at 600 grams?!  I took all the hardware off (ear loops, screws, ear covers, etc) but that only took about 40g off it.

I've checked and double checked and the helmet is IDENTICAL to the one in the pictures on TotalHockey, all the way down to the position of the stickers inside (which seem to vary from model to model).  It is DEFINITELY a HT Resistance.

I'm not hugely fussed to be honest as it fits beautifully but I did buy this helmet partly due to its light weight since due to orthodontic work I need to wear a cage and I was hoping to offset the cage's extra weight a little bit.

What gives?

The weight on Total Hockey must be a typo. The Easton E700 was 354 grams and is significantly lighter than other high end helmets ( with the exception of the s19). On icewarehouse the Resistance is listed at 589 grams for a medium. That seems more in line with your results. 

If you want to save weight on the cage, grab either a fitlite or reakt Titanium cage. They are much lighter than steel cages.

At Sportchek a couple weeks ago, saw the Fitlite titanium on sale for about $60 CAD, but YMMV.  (whoops, sorry didn't see OP is in the US).