Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joeysallamander

Which Bauer Models fit like Re Akt?

Went to a store and they had slim pickings on helmets.

Bauer Re Akt fit the best.  Re Akt 75 fit awful.  Everything else they had was not in my size.

Bauer Re Akt might be a bit out of my price range.  Can anyone recommend what has a similar fit so I can hit up an online store?

Best resource I've seen for this is the IW website.  They list round vs. oval fit for each helmet.  Of course both the helmets you looked at are listed as "round" so there are nuances in there that aren't captured.  Might be at least a good start. 

Thanks I have been reading their site and trying to figure this out.

According to their logistics a Re Akt 75 should of fit but it does not at all.   Not wide enough.

Re-akt fit like butter.   Wish the price was butter.. 

Relatively similar. They use the same shell minus the occipital lock that's featured on the Re-Akt. Fit is going to be the same, however. Very good alternative if the Re-Akt fits well, but is out of your price range.

The VN foam is deff softer than the vertex used, I'm used to the feel of it coming from V08s, it doesn't soak up moisture as far as I can tell...it is only a thin layer on top of the vertex.

Good to know.  I am a freak about being able to wipe down the inside of my helmet and some foams absorb to much sweat like the Easton helmets.

Thanks for all your help on this.  I also assume the Bauer Titanium cage will fit on the IMS 9?

17 hours ago, krisdrum said:

Best resource I've seen for this is the IW website.  They list round vs. oval fit for each helmet.  Of course both the helmets you looked at are listed as "round" so there are nuances in there that aren't captured.  Might be at least a good start. 

I like the IW site, but the round/oval comparator is a bit off, depending on how you adjust the helmet and whether you have the helmet at it's smallest or largest setting. As you "open up" a helmet, you lengthen it more "front to back" than width usually. So a "oval" helmet at its smallest setting will be rounder, and a "round" helmet at it's largest setting will be more oval. As an example, I have a very oval 59cm head. I use a CCM V08 (which IW says round) size medium pushed to largest setting. Perfect fit.

Sizing is confusing for sure and the best bet is to try them all on.  I just don't have a store nearby that has a IMS 9.  Also the act of buying and returning stuff is no fun.  

Maybe I can score a black (Small) Reakt somewhere used or cheaper.

4 minutes ago, EBondo said:

Never agreed with people buying used helmets. Never know what kind of trauma they endured.

I do not agree either, but regardless, PIAS (Quebec) next to my place has maybe 20-30 used / some beat up beyond something most of us would use, but they still are on the shelves for sale. Employees are pushing them. 

I used to buy very lightly used demos from Sportchek in Ottawa for 1/3 of the original price, but last time I inquired, the employee told me that is was illegal now in Ontario so they took them off the shelf, so I guess that a good thing.