Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Warrior HD1

I ordered an HD1 as I found a pretty good deal on it. Not able to find one locally and after reading some reviews on here that it plays a little stiffer than advertised I opted for an 85 flex. While traveling for work today I found a store that had them in stock (full price) and now I'm not so sure about the 85 flex. I'm also a little concerned about the blade per some reviews. Anyone playing it, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

I picked one up too since they're on heavy discount. I've only played it 3 or 4 times. No real issues yet, but some pretty significant chipping on the toe and heel. Keep in mind I'm not a great player and tend to get into a lot of blade on blade contact while on defense.

I will say I had the same issue with my HD Pro at about the same time. That stick is still playable and hasn't suffered much beyond cosmetic damage. 

That said, the QRL3 I picked up has been holding up all better all around than either of the Dynastys.

I've been using a pro stock HD1 and really like it.  Mine was a Scottie Upshall stick listed at 75 flex but PSH tested it as a 70 flex, I got a really good deal on it and thought I'd like the lower flex, which I do (I normally use Easton 75 flex in a few different models).  The thing I noticed right away is the blade started chipping after the first use, I've never had a blade get so beat up (from normal use, no heavy whacks or anything).  It still works and feels fine after a full season of men's league as my main stick, but cosmetically it's pretty beat up, overall I do really like the stick though.