Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Gloves with anti-microbial

Due to the wife complaining about the sweet smell of Hockey I am looking into more options of cutting down the smell. One of the is looking into gloves with a anti-microbial liner. Do these actually help or is it just hype. My eagle gloves don't have it.

Well, my warrior gloves are my least smelly piece of gear and I've never cleaned them for what it's worth. Lol

Love how the Eagle gloves feel and play. Don't love how they smell though.

Antimicrobial liner on Warrior gloves really do work. They definitely don't smell like hockey like my Eagles do...

I've noticed my previous Warrior gloves have smelt better than my gloves without the anit-micorbial gloves. I really wish my goalie gloves had that as a liner...

1 minute ago, Hills said:

I've noticed my previous Warrior gloves have smelt better than my gloves without the anit-micorbial gloves. I really wish my goalie gloves had that as a liner...

I hear you, mine stink already. 

1 part isopropyl alcohol, 1 part peroxide. I got the recipe from an MSH post years ago. I spray all my gear when I get home as I'm hanging it to dry. For gloves, a spray or two inside and one on the palms. It works best to keep the smell at bay, so maybe wash your gloves first to establish a baseline. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:50 PM, Sid said:

Due to the wife complaining about the sweet smell of Hockey I am looking into more options of cutting down the smell.

For what it's worth, after every (and I mean every) skate my sons skates and gloves go on this dryer. No smell at all.

https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Forced-Boot-Dryer-Garment/dp/B010A5J5FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490320582&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=boot+dryer&psc=1

12 hours ago, 218hockey said:

For what it's worth, after every (and I mean every) skate my sons skates and gloves go on this dryer. No smell at all.

https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Forced-Boot-Dryer-Garment/dp/B010A5J5FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490320582&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=boot+dryer&psc=1

My stuff all goes on a PVC "tree" in front of a box fan in the garage. Works really well except for my catch glove that doesn't open up as well as I'd like so it kind of stinks now. 

On 3/21/2017 at 9:08 AM, yrhmblnr8r said:

1 part isopropyl alcohol, 1 part peroxide. I got the recipe from an MSH post years ago. I spray all my gear when I get home as I'm hanging it to dry. For gloves, a spray or two inside and one on the palms. It works best to keep the smell at bay, so maybe wash your gloves first to establish a baseline. 

I've been doing something similar since way back in the day (which I prob read about in that post years ago haha), my only difference is mine is a 50/50 mix of 90% alcohol and water.  It def works like a charm and I noticed a smell only after not using the spray for a month or so.

I keep my gear in a back room in the basement where I also have a dehumidifier. I swear, none of my stuff smells because of that thing. Pulls all the moisture out and usually drys all of my gear by morning.