Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bthompson1286

Warrior widow stick

The warrior widow stick was my favorite stick I have used.  

Ive tried the offerings after the widow.  Hated the dt1.  The qr1 was fair and the qrl better but the widow was fantastic.  I durability was an issue but the feel was fantastic.  Can I find some widows anywhere?   Can one recommend a stick perhaps?

There's quite a few 70 lefties on eBay. Hopefully the Alpha line will have what you're looking for. What specifically in feel stood out about it to you?

8 hours ago, crow93 said:

There's quite a few 70 lefties on eBay. Hopefully the Alpha line will have what you're looking for. What specifically in feel stood out about it to you?

I was going to ask this. I know everyone has an opinion, but the Widow was nothing special, the QR1/QRL are superior sticks in every single aspect. 

10 hours ago, crow93 said:

70 flex wouldn't work.  isn't the alpha line replacing the dynasty or is the alpha line new?   The widow was a low kick point stick

10 minutes ago, bthompson1286 said:

70 flex wouldn't work.  isn't the alpha line replacing the dynasty or is the alpha line new?   The widow was a low kick point stick

The Alpha is new, and from what I've heard is a low kick point as well. eBay also has a couple pro stocks.

13 hours ago, bthompson1286 said:

The warrior widow stick was my favorite stick I have used.  

Ive tried the offerings after the widow.  Hated the dt1.  The qr1 was fair and the qrl better but the widow was fantastic.  I durability was an issue but the feel was fantastic.  Can I find some widows anywhere?   Can one recommend a stick perhaps?

I hear ya, my fav stick was the 1st gen dynasty. Great soft feel and a good kick. Mostly miss the matte grip finish though....

I still have 2 Gionta Widows in my collection, Really hard to use the sticks after using the 1N and T120's I am currently using.  That Ultra low kick takes a little adjusting too

15 minutes ago, kyleo29 said:

I hear ya, my fav stick was the 1st gen dynasty. Great soft feel and a good kick. Mostly miss the matte grip finish though....

I saw recently those 1 gen dynasty in 70 flex in the shop next to my place while getting a sharpening, they were liquidating them for super cheap as noone buys them, the blades were terrible on those, lasted me  two weeks. 

19 minutes ago, icewalker_bg said:

I saw recently those 1 gen dynasty in 70 flex in the shop next to my place while getting a sharpening, they were liquidating them for super cheap as noone buys them, the blades were terrible on those, lasted me  two weeks. 

I'm not too hard on sticks, lasted me a season and then the shaft broke on a slash. That was my last warrior stick. Think I might check out the new dynasty