Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jgold47

Super feet to speed plates?

Just now, asgoodasdead said:

speaking of, are the PowerFeet inserts worth the money? they seem expensive for what they are 

Definitely. Very comfortable. 

1 hour ago, asgoodasdead said:

speaking of, are the PowerFeet inserts worth the money? they seem expensive for what they are 

I would not skate without them.

On 5/14/2017 at 3:17 AM, Cosmic said:

Interested to try the SpeedPlates in my Makos, but not sure if I wanna rebake my Makos, as I have the PowerFeet inserts in at the toe. Maybe the PowerFeet guy @MikeBoyarchuk can weigh in, if it's ok to bake a skate with the PowerFeet installed, or do I need to take them out, and reinstall them?

Sorry I missed this Cosmic... we don't recommend baking skates with the POWERFOOT installed. How long have you had them in? 

38 minutes ago, MikeBoyarchuk said:

Sorry I missed this Cosmic... we don't recommend baking skates with the POWERFOOT installed. How long have you had them in? 

5 months or so. I am thinking that I will just pull the POWERFEET out, and use double sided tape, where I expect the original tape's quality to get compromised. I love them BTW, there is too much negative space in the tops of the skate's toe caps for those of us with normal'ish feet, which is fine, as long as there are products like this to fill that space.

8 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

5 months or so. I am thinking that I will just pull the POWERFEET out, and use double sided tape, where I expect the original tape's quality to get compromised. I love them BTW, there is too much negative space in the tops of the skate's toe caps for those of us with normal'ish feet, which is fine, as long as there are products like this to fill that space.

Glad you're loving them! Ya, it's crazy when you realize how much space is there. I asked how long you had them because it could have been time for a fresh set, we suggest changing them every 100 hours on the ice, most get more out of them though.  Unless you're living the dream you haven't hit the 100 hour mark in 5 months. 

Double sided tape should work well just remember the skate needs to be 100% dry... you are taking them out of an oven so I'm guessing that won't be a problem haha. 

The other option is to go the "unstuck" route. You can place a piece of stick tape over the sticky part so that it's not sticky at all and take them in and out every game. Once your foot is in the skate they won't move and this gives you the advantage of taking them to to dry. I personally don't permanently stick mine in.

Let me know how it goes. 

8 hours ago, Ivan said:

Which ones do I get to reduce volume in a slightly wide for my feet Vapors?

The Speed Plate's are thinner than Superfeet. 

12 hours ago, Shogun said:

The Speed Plate's are thinner than Superfeet. 

Thank you!