Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo5370

Alkali OPS any good?

Anyone check out the new OPS's by Alkali?  The spec to price ratio seems fantastic.  Their top model, Six M, comes w/ a six month warranty and the $150 price point weighs around 420g, but are they just repainted counterfeits from alibaba?

2 hours ago, Neo5370 said:

Anyone check out the new OPS's by Alkali?  The spec to price ratio seems fantastic.  Their top model, Six M, comes w/ a six month warranty and the $150 price point weighs around 420g, but are they just repainted counterfeits from alibaba?

why would you guess/assume they are repainted counterfeits?

Alkali have been a legitimate hockey company for years. Granted most of there gear is focused on inline they are hardly dodgy

I was thinking the same thing.  Anyone know who is making their sticks?  I know they're a legit company but they've got to be too small to have their very own factory.

1 minute ago, mLaChapelle10 said:

not sure how their operation works. i was looking into the Tron company after someone gave me a set of gloves. 

Avoid them. There's a long thread on this site. 

Anyway, let's stick to just Alkali in this thread, though. 

32 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Avoid them. There's a long thread on this site. 

Anyway, let's stick to just Alkali in this thread, though. 

i figured something was up, cost is too good to be true

Malki bought the brand;  however,  Joe Cook runs Alkali.  Under the same roof,  but different operations.  The Alkali sticks have a nice finish to them ( Apex Factory ) and though they appear to be using a material like Textreme I'm not sure if it actually is.  I know Bauer had an exclusive on Textreme;  however,  that deal is up and I imagine you will likely see more of that material or look alikes popping up on sticks.  The upper to middle price points feel nice.