Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tpedersen3118

Ultra Tacks Skates

Looking for some feedback for those skating the new Ultra Tacks. I've ordered a pair and they should be in this week. One thing I noticed is the length seems longer than my 190's, so I dropped 1/2 a size. In doing so, I noticed that the holder and runner are now shorter ( 263 vs 272 I'm currently on). Any positives or negatives about the skate are appreciated. 

The previous gen was a full size down.  I normally wear 7.5 in Bauer but could fit 6.5 in the RBZ/Tacks.  The current Ultra Tacks are a 1/2 size down compared to Bauer as they are transitioning to make it the same as Bauer in the next gen.

Never skated in the Ultra Tacks but I was impressed with the Super Tacks when I demo'd it. 

2 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'll never understand why people look for feedback on a product after they purchased it.

Everyone who makes a big ticket purchase will experience some sort of buyer's remorse. We all need reassurance that we have made the best choice possible before fully committing to something. 

16 hours ago, tpedersen3118 said:

Looking for some feedback for those skating the new Ultra Tacks. I've ordered a pair and they should be in this week. One thing I noticed is the length seems longer than my 190's, so I dropped 1/2 a size. In doing so, I noticed that the holder and runner are now shorter ( 263 vs 272 I'm currently on). Any positives or negatives about the skate are appreciated. 

Surprised you dropped 1/2 a size. Super, Ultra tacks and all future CCM releases are meant to be the same size as Bauer. Here is the thread where the CCM rep talks about sizings.

13 hours ago, Vet88 said:

Surprised you dropped 1/2 a size. Super, Ultra tacks and all future CCM releases are meant to be the same size as Bauer. Here is the thread where the CCM rep talks about sizings.

Me too actually. 

I went in today to try Ultra Tacks on and unfortunately the didn't work out. The toe box is way more narrow than my Supremes and really cramped my toes in there. Everything else about the skate was great; really needed a supreme toe box for the Ultra's to work for me. Guess I'll be sticking with Bauer for now.

21 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I'll never understand why people look for feedback on a product after they purchased it.

The store was ordering a new shipment and typically they don't carry EE widths.  Plus they were a deal so I wanted to see if they would be the fit right. Had I known sooner when they were re-ordering I would have posted my question earlier.