Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miseaujeu

Alpha QX Protective (Shoulder Pads, Shinguards, Elbow Pads)

4 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

This will be the official info thread for the Alpha QX protective line.  I'll be here for questions and insight on the line.

Up first - our first blog post detailing the specs and pricing for the all-new top model - Alpha QX.

https://warriorhockey.com/2017/03/31/alpha-qx-protective-full-line-details/

Yes! I love this!

Shoulder caps on the QX are about the same size as the HD1, maybe just slightly more streamline, amazing mobility & fit (more so than the 1S).

Stuff looks fantastic. I just wish the elbows would fit more like the old white projekts so I can stop hoarding them ;) 

Still, I think if I'm ever in the market for protective again I'll be taking a hard look at this line!

I think there's a typo for the pricing for the Alpha QX elbows. US and Canada pricing should be flipped.

Speaking of the elbows, that elbow cap looks...dangerous. Not exactly low profile.

KP, any plans on mimicking or offering a similar shinguard fit to the vapor 1x? Specifically the lower flexible portion?

Personally I like that idea as I do not tuck my tongue under my shinguards, so I like the idea of that part being flexible. But I do not know how well they work in practice as I haven't gone out and bought a pair myself yet, but I will definitely be in the market within the next year or so as my old easton HSX's are showing their age.

On April 2, 2017 at 0:25 PM, AIREAYE said:

I think there's a typo for the pricing for the Alpha QX elbows. US and Canada pricing should be flipped.

Thanks - I listed the wrong prices.  Fixed!

4 hours ago, sparky1 said:

KP, any plans on mimicking or offering a similar shinguard fit to the vapor 1x? Specifically the lower flexible portion?

Personally I like that idea as I do not tuck my tongue under my shinguards, so I like the idea of that part being flexible. But I do not know how well they work in practice as I haven't gone out and bought a pair myself yet, but I will definitely be in the market within the next year or so as my old easton HSX's are showing their age.

We don't have that feature - and not sure how that works.

I'd recommend checking out the shins in-store and bring your skates with you.

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

The protective shipped early as well - so you may be able to see it in your local stores.

True story.  Our launch date is "soft" so dealers can sell it to you if it's there and you like it.  We're not in the business of turning away customers.

On April 1, 2017 at 11:35 PM, IPv6Freely said:

Stuff looks fantastic. I just wish the elbows would fit more like the old white projekts so I can stop hoarding them ;) 

I still have two pairs of Projekt Elbow...love those.

On April 1, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Gswift said:

Shoulder caps on the QX are about the same size as the HD1, maybe just slightly more streamline, amazing mobility & fit (more so than the 1S).

100%

13 minutes ago, Miseaujeu said:

We don't have that feature - and not sure how that works.

I'd recommend checking out the shins in-store and bring your skates with you.

That's the plan! thanks for the reply!

Miseaujeu, 

Are the Alpha QX shoulders any lighter than the Projekt 2.0's. I absolutely love the protection and mobility of my Projekts, but they are a tad heavy.

Well, unfortunately I will have to wait until the May 5th opening of the Monkey Sports store in Allen, TX to try any of the Alpha line on, because I was told by a manager at Hockey Giant in Plano that they don't plan on stocking any of it in store as they don't deem it popular enough to do so. I also don't like ordering stuff online if at all possible because return shipping for hockey gear can get quite expensive.  

I have purchased probably 5-6 different pairs of elbows to replace my AX1's (including a pro stock 7k pair) and just can't

Ive had the velcro replaced twice, the middle strap and cleaned them like a dozen times! LOL!

Can anyone comment on the sizing? The AX1's fit a size big IMO, normally I'm a LG in most gear, but have MED in these 

thanks!

Im digging the bicep guards and the shoulder caps on the adult shoulder pads.  Got a question the caps , are they sewn in where it overlaps the vest or is it just a strap.  I am wearing a set of CCM shoulders and they attached the caps by sewing in where it layered over the vest. I used a seam ripper to cut most of it away so that the caps can dangle a little freer. 

On April 10, 2017 at 2:41 AM, Jason said:

Miseaujeu, 

Are the Alpha QX shoulders any lighter than the Projekt 2.0's. I absolutely love the protection and mobility of my Projekts, but they are a tad heavy.

Yes.  Weight reduction was a main goal for this line throughout every price point.  Mobility and ventilation were improved as well.