Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dogdaysindurham

Anyone remember Bauer Nike Apollo SE Mega?

Hi All,

It's been almost 15 years now since I've put on a pair of roller hockey skates but I recently found a gently used pair at a great price to try and get back into the skating.  I've been only able to skate on the ice maybe 2-3 times of year due to grad school.  

The markings they have include: Bauer Nike Mega SE with the Tuuk One Up Pro mounts and stock wheels from what I can gather.   So I'm guessing early 2000's before the Mega 50-90, 40-70?  I believe the wheels are set up:  72-72-80-78, but I could convert them to high lo set up without issue 72-72-80-80? 

I was hoping if folks could help me ID what year they are from?  Was it a low end or mid end skate?  Also if folks knew any specs if the know of them like ABEC rating of the bearings.   I emailed Bauer corporate but haven't heard back.  

I went through the catalogs that I could find hosted here at modsquadhockey, but they look to be older than 2004?  

Thanks in advance!

FHZNHuI.jpg

RlB5bwe.jpg

wtIOvXt.jpg

A reference picture of the 60-90

tWAofZ8.jpg

13 hours ago, dogdaysindurham said:

I believe the wheels are set up:  72-72-80-78, but I could convert them to high lo set up without issue 72-72-80-80? 

Yes you could. :)

Low end skate based on the chassis and cheap lining material.  Also, you can put an 80 on the back.  That is why we sued bauer for trying to get around the patent.