Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danielolie

Skates right length?

I'm wearing a size 7 EE and if I push my toes all the way to the front, I there is about a 6-7 mm gap between my heel and the heel lock/back of sole. Is that the right fit?

someone much smarter than me can correct me on this, but typically you want your toes to feather the toe cap in a resting position, and when you lean forward (causing your heel to dig into your skate), your toes should pull right off. 

6-7 mm gap seems like a lot.

Take out the foot beds and stand on them to see how much room you have, if any.  Your toes will retract a bit when you bend your knees.

7 hours ago, Danielolie said:

I'm wearing a size 7 EE and if I push my toes all the way to the front, I there is about a 6-7 mm gap between my heel and the heel lock/back of sole. Is that the right fit?

No, at least a 1/2 size too big. Here is how you size for length in skates: Pull the laces and tongue right out (really important to do this so the foot can move in the boot without any hindrance). Now put your foot in the boot and push forward until the toes feather the toe cap. Lean slightly forward and with a pencil, see if you can slide the pencil down the back of your heel between the heel and the boot. If you can slide it down your skates are at least a 1/2 size too big. Ideally, if the skates are new, you will have around a 0mm to 1mm gap as the boot will give 1mm - 2mm as your heel settles into the pocket.