Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HarpGuy

What wheel to sharpen my HyperGlide blades?

I have built an at home sharpener (for less than $150) and I want to try it out. I will be using it on old steel first of course, but I was wondering what color wheel would be the best in the long run for only doing my own blades in either 5/8 or 3/4. . 

When I get it all put together I may do a build thread. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I have yet to finish the dressing system, or the holder, which I may buy if I can find one at a good price. 

I would start it now, but there are so many haters.

I'm not building to compete with a Wissota, or Blackstone, or Sparx. I'm building it for fun, and hopefully, with enough tweaking I could get usable sharpenings from it. 

My shop uses white Howie's wheels and they seem to last pretty long as put a nice edge on both figure and hockey skates.  Is it a 1, 2, or 3 head system?

It's a dozen robotic heads. It walks over, takes the skates off your feet, and sharpens them in 3x3 different directions. Also gives you a foot massage while you wait. hahaha. JK. It's a very simple 1 head machine. 

Thanks for the info!