Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott8659

Super Tacks 30 day trial

Is the 30 day trial for the CCM Super Tacks skates still valid?  I have a pair that I purchased from Hockey Monkey in a 5 EE but they cause arch pain after wearing them for more than 5 minutes.  I don't want to risk $600 hoping that baking them fixes the arch pain and HM won't take them back if they have been baked.

Have you tried other footbeds? I couldn't deal with the yellow foam ones that come inside - the CCM custom arch footbeds were far more comfortable, but something felt off for me. Ironically the best fit for me has been the super thin footbeds from my Mako M8's inside the SuperTacks.  

I've attached pics after wearing the skates for 20 minutes.  The circled area is where I get pain and redness.  Is this something that will be fixed after the skate is baked?

tr1b4KV.jpg

1IHJZgv.jpg

Personally, I wouldn't chance it. And the answer IMHO is probably not, at least not without a lot of effort. Better to find a skate that fits you better out of the box. When I was shopping for skates this past Christmas, I put on a pair of Tacks, expecting them to fit. But didn't even have to lace them up. The skate was already jamming into my arches. Felt like I was standing on pyramids. 

You never know how a skate is going to fit until you actually try them on. 

Is it your arch hurting or the bone right above the arch?  On every skate I've owned I had to punch out the areas circled in your pictures.

It's the back part of the arch.  I don't have that issue with my Supremes.  The issue with my Supremes is I had to go up 1/2 size to get the volume I needed.  Looks like I need to revisit the Nexus N9000's or go the VH route.  

7 hours ago, chippa13 said:

I would never pull the trigger on a skate without baking.

And this is the problem with the newer skates IMHO.  Baking them is almost a necessity but as soon as you do they are not returnable.  Even my LHS will not bake skates until you purchase them first and then you are screwed if they don't fit. 

In the end it hurts CCM.  It's entirely possible that these Super Tacks would fit awesome and I would become a CCM convert.  But I'm not willing to bet $600 on it.