Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
flip12

Marsblade Ice Holder

IMG_5278.thumb.jpg.0585f2fb615a6af99f6cc54a08363a63.jpg

Installed a set onto my skates.  Shot video during the installation which I'll share in the next couple of days; had to expand holes but did it all within 20 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Installed a set onto my skates.  Shot video during the installation which I'll share in the next couple of days; had to expand holes but did it all within 20 minutes.

I am a bit partial here but that set up is HOT!

31 minutes ago, ParabolicActivity said:

That's fair. I am just saying 1 NHL player is massive compared to 0 NHL players.

Some players will put their name on anything to make a buck. Look at TJ Oshie repping NoSweat helmet liners. Other examples, from 2015: 

12. RICK NASH | NEW YORK RANGERS | RIGHT WING
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $150,000
NASH IS A FIVE-TIME NHL ALL-STAR AND HE ALSO WON THE NHL PLAYER FOUNDATION AWARD IN 2009 FOR HIS VOLUNTEER WORK THROUGHOUT THE OHIO COMMUNITY. HE WON A GOLD MEDAL AT THE 2010 WINTER OLYMPICS WITH TEAM CANADA AND REJOINS THE SQUAD IN SOCHI IN HOPES OF A REPEAT. NASH HAS AN ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH UNDER ARMOUR.

11. ERIC STAAL | CAROLINA HURRICANES | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $250,000
STAAL WAS THE SECOND OVERALL PICK IN THE 2003 NHL DRAFT BY THE CAROLINA HURRICANES. IN 2006, HE LED THE HURRICANES IN PLAYOFF POINTS EN ROUTE TO WINNING THE STANLEY CUP THAT YEAR. STAAL HAS AN ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH BAUER, WHICH ALSO INCLUDES HIS BROTHERS MARC, WHO PLAYS FOR THE NEW YORK RANGERS, AND JORDAN, A FELLOW HURRICANE TEAMMATE. ERIC ALSO HAS A DEAL WITH GENERAL MILLS.

10. VINCENT LECAVALIER | PHILADELPHIA FLYERS | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $250,000
IT’S PRETTY EASY TO SEE WHY HOCKEY FANS ROOT FOR LECAVALIER. THE TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING SELECTED HIM WITH THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK IN 1998 AND IN 2004, HE HELPED LEAD THE LIGHTNING TO THEIR ONLY STANLEY CUP VICTORY. ADD ON THE FACT THAT LECAVALIER’S FOUNDATION DONATED $3 MILLION TOWARD THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE VINCENT LECAVALIER PEDIATRIC CANCER AND BLOOD DISORDERS CENTER AT THE NEWLY BUILT ALL CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL IN ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA AND IT BECOMES CLEAR WHY HOCKEY FANS HAVE SO MUCH LOVE FOR HIM. NOW PLAYING FOR THE FLYERS, THE CANADIAN STAR HAS AN ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH LIQUID NUTRITION.

9. EVGENI MALKIN | PITTSBURGH PENGUINS | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $400,000
MALKIN ALREADY HAS A STANLEY CUP, CONN SMYTHE TROPHY AND TWO ART ROSS TROPHIES. THE RUSSIAN SUPERSTAR IS A MEMBER OF THE 2014 SAMSUNG GALAXY TEAM ASSEMBLED FOR THE 2014 WINTER OLYMPICS IN SOCHI. “GENO” ALSO HAS AN ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH BAUER.

8. ZDENO CHARA | BOSTON BRUINS | DEFENSE
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $500,000
AT A TOWERING 6’9”, CHARA IS THE TALLEST PERSON TO EVER PLAY IN THE NHL. HIS HEIGHT AND REACH PROVIDE INCREDIBLE RANGE AND MAKE HIM ONE OF THE BEST DEFENSEMEN IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. WHILE SERVING AS CAPTAIN, HE LED THE BRUINS TO THE 2010-11 STANLEY CUP. FUN FACT, THE SLOVAK BORN CHARA SPEAKS SEVEN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. CHARA HAS AN ENDORSEMENT WITH WARRIOR SPORTS.

7. BRAD RICHARDS | NEW YORK RANGERS | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $600,000
AFTER BECOMING A FREE AGENT IN 2011, RICHARDS OPTED TO CONTINUE HIS PLAYING CAREER IN NEW YORK. THE DECISION PAID OFF BY LEADING TO AN ENDORSEMENT WITH UNTUCKIT SHIRTS. “WE ARE EXTREMELY EXCITED ABOUT THIS PARTNERSHIP,” UNTUCKIT CEO CHRIS RICCOBONO SAID. “I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A HUGE SPORTS FAN, AND AS A NEW YORKER, I’M A BIG RANGERS AND RICHARDS FAN. BRAD IS KNOWN FOR HIS SENSE OF STYLE. THE FACT THAT HE IS ALSO A FELLOW WINE CONNOISSEUR MAKES HIM THE PERFECT AMBASSADOR FOR UNTUCKIT.” RICHARDS ALSO HAS ENDORSEMENTS WITH UNDER ARMOUR, CHASE BANK AND MUSCLETECH, A SPORTS SUPPLEMENT BRAND.

6. JAROME IGINLA | BOSTON BRUINS | RIGHT WING
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $750,000
THIS SIX-TIME NHL ALL-STAR IS A CANADIAN LEGEND HAVING WON OLYMPIC GOLD TWICE WITH TEAM CANADA AND BECOMING THE CALGARY FLAMES’ ALL-TIME LEADER IN GOALS, POINTS AND GAMES PLAYED. HE IS A SPOKESPERSON FOR SAMSUNG CANADA AS WELL AS SCOTIBANK, THE THIRD LARGEST BANK IN CANADA.

5. ZACH PARISE | MINNESOTA WILD | LEFT WING
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $800,000
IN 2012, PARISE SIGNED A 13-YEAR DEAL WITH THE MINNESOTA WILD, RETURNING HIM TO HIS HOMETOWN OF MINNEAPOLIS. PARISE WAS THE CAPTAIN OF TEAM USA AT THIS YEAR’S WINTER OLYMPICS. IN REGARDS TO HIS ENDORSEMENT DEAL WITH EASTON, CHRIS ZIMMERMAN, PRESIDENT OF EASTON SPORTS SAID, “HE’S QUICKLY MADE A NAME FOR HIMSELF AS THE PREMIER AMERICAN PLAYER IN THE GAME AND A PROVEN WINNER.”

4. JONATHAN TOEWS | CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $1,200,000
AT AGE 25, TOEWS ALREADY HAS TWO STANELY CUPS, TWO OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALS AND A CONN SMYTHE TROPHY. THIS YEAR, HE AND HIS BLACKHAWKS TEAMMATES LOOK TO DEFEND THEIR STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONSHIP FROM LAST SEASON. TOEWS HAS ENDORSEMENTS WITH BAUER, CANADIAN TIRE, CHEVROLET AND LEMONHEAD.

3. STEVEN STAMKOS | TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $1,700,000
STAMKOS LED THE NHL IN SCORING IN 2010 AND 2012. AN INJURY WILL KEPT HIM OUT OF THE OLYMPICS THIS YEAR, BUT AT ONLY 24 YEARS OF AGE THIS FAST RISING SUPERSTAR WILL HAVE PLENTY OF MORE OLYMPIC OPPORTUNITIES. STAMKOS HAS ENDORSEMENTS WITH NIKE, BAUER, COCA-COLA AND TISSOT WATCHES.

2. ALEX OVECHKIN | WASHINGTON CAPITALS | RIGHT WING
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $3,500,000
OVECHKIN IS ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE GAME AS EVIDENCED BY HIS THREE NHL MVP AWARDS. THE RUSSIAN IS AN OFFICIAL AMBASSADOR FOR THIS YEAR’S OLYMPICS BEING PLAYED IN HIS HOME COUNTRY. HE HAS ENDORSEMENTS WITH NIKE, BAUER, GATORADE AND KRAFT. COCA-COLA AND GILLETTE FEATURED HIM IN OLYMPIC ADS AS WELL.

1. SIDNEY CROSBY | PITTSBURGH PENGUINS | CENTER
YEARLY ENDORSEMENTS: $4,500,000
“SID THE KID” IS THE FACE OF THE NHL AND THE MOST MARKETABLE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. HIS ENDORSEMENT WITH REEBOK IS THE LARGEST ENDORSEMENT DEAL FOR ANY HOCKEY PLAYER. CROSBY ALSO HAS ENDORSEMENTS WITH GATORADE, BELL, SPORT CHEK, FRAMEWORTH AND TIM HORTON’S. IF HE CAN SOMEHOW TOP THIS PERFORMANCE, MORE DEALS MAY COME HIS WAY.

1 hour ago, IPv6Freely said:

We really don’t need a breakdown of NHL player endorsements in this thread. Please keep it on topic.

Also why does it even matter. Every athlete or human being will endorse a company given the right $$. Especially if it's something they already use.   Heck I'd endorse CCM.bauer or warrior etc even for three free gear alone. 

Back on topic...

Edited by Sniper9

9 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I'm just saying that if maybe known for their skating prowess was wearing then I might be more impressed.... 

I get that. I’m just saying he is known for his skating prowess indirectly. It’s just like with fireworks: it’s quite cool and remarkable that they fly in their own right; everyone forgets about all that when they go “bang!”

As a counter viewpoint though, wouldn’t it be impressive if the less than stellar skaters used niche tech at the highest level? The other ones are doing fine with what they’ve got. It’s the ones who need a little help that should guide the homeviewer towards potential improvements. Marleau and McDavid are classic examples of it’s not the skates but the skaters that make them go—they’ll be frickin’ fast in anything. What they’re wearing, then, might be correllated with speed but certainly wouldn’t be pinpointed as causing the same speed.

12 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

No offense, but Kronwall is quite old and is more known for his physical presence than his skating skills. 

True... And because of age and him not being the best skater he told me "I need all the help I can get", and he thinks our holder provides an advantage for him, keeping up with the young and fast skaters 🙂 

We also have two top guys in the Swedish SHL that made the switch to Marsblade just before playoffs last year. Liam Reddox, former Edmonton Oiler and captain of the Swedish champions Växjö Lakers and Andreas Thuresson HV71, with approximately 60 games for Swedish national team. Both great skaters and both scored in the SHL playoffs the other night. 

The reason we didn't have more players in the NHL, SHL, KHL and other leagues is simply because we didn't have products to start serving more guys last fall/summer. Next season we will have more NHL players and great skaters using Marsblade. 

//Per

31232226_1844528508912450_5823972243171966976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=62dce24c21947b359ec491b849776047&oe=5D0B53DD31167071_1844528592245775_8191830830633451520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-arn2-1.xx&oh=916881023c5793d0ee96b24164c2bf79&oe=5D44C538

Edited by Marsblade

I think in the end, if the player thinks it can give them any sort of competitive advantage, they'll hop on it.  It will be interesting to see the number of NHL players that adopt after this season ends.  I'm sure Per will get way more feedback from the NHL players who try it this summer.

18 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

No offense, but Kronwall is quite old and is more known for his physical presence than his skating skills. 

I know you have worked with some people on the Marsblade, but have you skated on them yourself? There is definitely something there. Efficiency is what I noticed most, especially when switching between skates. That may be what Kronwall was after.

14 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Looking forward to it!

17 hours ago, Nicholas G said:

I'm just saying that if maybe known for their skating prowess was wearing then I might be more impressed.... 

@Nicholas G have you tried them? Why is it so important for you to shoot this down? A lot of people are looking for hands-on feedback. 

Marsblade is a Swedish company. Their videos include other Swedish players such as Marcus Johansson and Nick Backstrom. You know who else is Swedish, Nick Kronwall. Do I need to do the math here...... 

27 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Marsblade is a Swedish company. Their videos include other Swedish players such as Marcus Johansson and Nick Backstrom. You know who else is Swedish, Nick Kronwall. Do I need to do the math here...... 

+1

1 hour ago, Deke said:

@Nicholas G have you tried them? Why is it so important for you to shoot this down? A lot of people are looking for hands-on feedback. 

I have, they were too heavy for me and I prefer Flare. I am not shooting anyone down. I am providing general opinion and feedback. 

2 hours ago, KevinL said:

I think in the end, if the player thinks it can give them any sort of competitive advantage, they'll hop on it.  It will be interesting to see the number of NHL players that adopt after this season ends.  I'm sure Per will get way more feedback from the NHL players who try it this summer.

I agree. I also understand this is a v1 product so fine tuning will need to occur for it to become better and more mainstream. Its hard to release something new and revolutionary. I have been involved with many startup and kickstarter style projects and products over the years. 

2 hours ago, Deke said:

I know you have worked with some people on the Marsblade, but have you skated on them yourself? There is definitely something there. Efficiency is what I noticed most, especially when switching between skates. That may be what Kronwall was after.

I have. They were too heavy for me and I honestly didn't notice any benefit. I didn't mount them on my TRUE skates, instead mounting them to my older Vapors. While I liked the feel of the for cornering and such I felt top end speed was limited by them and the added weight. It took me more energy to get going to top speed and took more strides. I dont play a "cut down the middle" type of play, I am a more of a go wide and blow past everyone. I found that this didnt work well for my style of skating. 

7 hours ago, Marsblade said:

True... And because of age and him not being the best skater he told me "I need all the help I can get", and he thinks our holder provides an advantage for him, keeping up with the young and fast skaters 🙂 

We also have two top guys in the Swedish SHL that made the switch to Marsblade just before playoffs last year. Liam Reddox, former Edmonton Oiler and captain of the Swedish champions Växjö Lakers and Andreas Thuresson HV71, with approximately 60 games for Swedish national team. Both great skaters and both scored in the SHL playoffs the other night. 

The reason we didn't have more players in the NHL, SHL, KHL and other leagues is simply because we didn't have products to start serving more guys last fall/summer. Next season we will have more NHL players and great skaters using Marsblade. 

//Per

Is there a long term roadmap to build the holders in something other than carbon to save weight and increase durability. We have had a couple of pairs come in recently that are pretty chewed up. I imagine the frame needs to be very stiff in order to accommodate the leaf spring used for the motion technology. Hence why carbon was used. 

4 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

Nick I dont think any player would skate one something he felt less than 100% about. Im not sure if you play or not but that skates are hands down the most important piece of equipment, no matters what level you are at.

You aren't sure if I play or not? Thats pretty funny. I am not that old, lol. I still skate at least a few times a week 😉

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpTChjkHzC0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 minutes ago, Nicholas G said:

Is there a long term roadmap to build the holders in something other than carbon to save weight and increase durability. We have had a couple of pairs come in recently that are pretty chewed up. I imagine the frame needs to be very stiff in order to accommodate the leaf spring used for the motion technology. Hence why carbon was used. 

Yes, we have initiated the work on a 2.0 version that will have a quick release, be lighter and in plastic. In terms of durability we haven't had any issues apart from cosmetic wear and paint chipping. Yes, for best performance of the rocker the upper part needs to be stiff and we therefore went with carbon fiber in the First Edition. //Per

24 minutes ago, Marsblade said:

Yes, we have initiated the work on a 2.0 version that will have a quick release, be lighter and in plastic. In terms of durability we haven't had any issues apart from cosmetic wear and paint chipping. Yes, for best performance of the rocker the upper part needs to be stiff and we therefore went with carbon fiber in the First Edition. //Per

Awesome! Looking forward to trying those out and would be happy to be part of the beta/alpha testing program. 

Niklas Kronwall wears them, and some of the other athletes are sponsored so have to be seen wearing other manufacturers gear. Also not entirely sure if these are allowed in the NHL regarding health and safety.

16 hours ago, Galloway91 said:

Also not entirely sure if these are allowed in the NHL regarding health and safety.

I'm fascinated as to how you reconcile "Kronwell wears them" and "not allowed in the NHL"? And pray tell what it is in health and safety that makes these a risk? afaik they have passed approval to be worn in the NHL, I am sure Per will clarify if that is not the situation.

6 hours ago, Vet88 said:

I'm fascinated as to how you reconcile "Kronwell wears them" and "not allowed in the NHL"? And pray tell what it is in health and safety that makes these a risk? afaik they have passed approval to be worn in the NHL, I am sure Per will clarify if that is not the situation.

the footage I've seen of him wearing them is in practice, not a game.