Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Warrior Alpha QX Stick

1 hour ago, Hills said:

July 14th, it says so on their site. It is a low kick stick but less of a low kick compared to the QRL.

http://www.warrior.com/alpha#

Bummer, I had hoped it would be a lower kick than the QRL. Oh well, guess I'll pick up a Super Mac Daddy instead.

Most top end sticks range from 319.99$ - 339.99$ + 15% tax here. Nothing new nor surprising. If you dont have an itch you can always get it in a few months / next year for half that. 

After nailing the aesthetics with the QRL, these sticks are a disappointment IMO. The blue just isn't right.

DISCLAIMER: I know markets are fickle with what they want in an aesthetic, and that graphic design is difficult. Still not great though.

14 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

After nailing the aesthetics with the QRL, these sticks are a disappointment IMO. The blue just isn't right.

DISCLAIMER: I know markets are fickle with what they want in an aesthetic, and that graphic design is difficult. Still not great though.

The blue is only on the Pro and lower. The Alpha looks really nice, just enough pop to set it out from the pack. 

33 minutes ago, stick9 said:

The blue is only on the Pro and lower. The Alpha looks really nice, just enough pop to set it out from the pack. 

I agree with that. There's also barely any blue on the QX4.

5 hours ago, jdvn said:

It's available for pre-order at $269.99 on Hockey Monkey. Most shops in Canada have it listed at $329.99 for us Canadians. 

IW as well

1 hour ago, icewalker_bg said:

Yep, 380$ for a stick !

I mean, the direct conversation of $270 USD today is $357 Canadian. We are getting a deal at the current price haha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, steelnation248 said:

I just got mine in today from the VIP program. I've been running around all day today so I will post some more about it later when I am not so busy.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Can you offer any insight as to how the kick point compares to the CCM Ribcor line or the QRL?

12 hours ago, crow93 said:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts! Can you offer any insight as to how the kick point compares to the CCM Ribcor line or the QRL?

I won't be using it until tomorrow. However, I won't be able to compare them to either. I haven't used the Ribcor since it's initial release. The QRLs that I use are a custom build with a different taper.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, Hills said:

July 14th, it says so on their site. It is a low kick stick but less of a low kick compared to the QRL.

http://www.warrior.com/alpha#

So, does this mean warrior is moving to 3 stick lines similar to Bauer and CCM?

Seems like the Alpha protective replaces dynasty protective, but the sticks become their own line. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, start_today said:

So, does this mean warrior is moving to 3 stick lines similar to Bauer and CCM?

Seems like the Alpha protective replaces dynasty protective, but the sticks become their own line. 

No, the Dynasty line is being phased out. It will just be Covert and Alpha.

21 hours ago, crow93 said:

No, the Dynasty line is being phased out. It will just be Covert and Alpha.

Not looking forward to this dystopian hellscape of everything being lowkick toe curves. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, start_today said:

Not looking forward to this dystopian hellscape of everything being lowkick toe curves. 

Ah, toe curves, the reason I pass on so many nice sticks on eBay :(

18 hours ago, start_today said:

Go with TRUE. Their stick is a low-mid like the One95 of old.

20 hours ago, start_today said:

They describe the low kick-point as extending from your bottom hand through the lower shaft and hosel. Kind of sounds more like an exaggerated or extended low kick point. I've been a die hard mid kick guy for a few years now, but I gotta say, I am very curious to try this new Warrior and await it's arrival. My hope is it's the best of both worlds.

It's better to just assimilate, it's easier for everyone involved. :wink:

• Like 4