Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jeffg

Warrior Alpha QX Stick

SP5HwTv.jpg

Finally got my QXs.

Pro stock Phil Kessel pattern modified
Left hand
60flex
Strong grip (strongest grip surface option of Warrior)
No texture

Now I'm working on making a mold of a grip end.
QX's inside shape is also not square.
So I've thought it's hard to get smooth fitment with traditional insert.

On 11/17/2017 at 12:59 PM, Miseaujeu said:

The Alpha QXT is a Alpha Quick Strike tech stick built specifically for team sales.  Mostly for the Junior (A, B, C) team market looking for performance with value and to stay on budgets.  Similar to the QX3 construction, but at a special offering price to team equipment managers.

I saw a QXS-1 stick for sale online - can you tell me the details on that?

On 17/11/2017 at 1:59 PM, Miseaujeu said:

The Alpha QXT is a Alpha Quick Strike tech stick built specifically for team sales.  Mostly for the Junior (A, B, C) team market looking for performance with value and to stay on budgets.  Similar to the QX3 construction, but at a special offering price to team equipment managers.

I thought that was the focus of the QX Pro.

what are the differences between the QXT and the QX Pro lines?

It interesting when you watch NHL games how many players are using the new Alpha.  It seems like they are everywhere.  There must be something these guys like to get so many using them.

On 11/22/2017 at 12:54 PM, stljrs said:

It interesting when you watch NHL games how many players are using the new Alpha.  It seems like they are everywhere.  There must be something these guys like to get so many using them.

Just because a stick has a particular paint job doesn’t mean the player is actually using it. Not to mention most Warrior Pro sticks aren’t even Minimus 1000 CF wrap. I can’t remember a single QX or QRL that was actually a true QX/QRL twig with Minimus 1000 CF wrap or a true Stealth CX that wasn’t 3k.

I think it’s safe to assume thats the case with all manufacturers, not just Warrior. 

Whether or not a stick is dressed true to form is somewhat irrelivent. When Warrior releases the QRL, there was a noticeable spike in Warrior stick use amounts NHLers. We saw that again with the Alpha. So while they may not be exactly like their retail counterpart, players are switching.

• Like 1

I think the QX is more noticeable too now given that EK65 was using a QRL dress prior to the Alpha release. Now he is in the “QX”. I don’t think that many if any of the poster boys are using what they have for a paInt job (Warrior/CCM/Bauer/Whatever)

Bauer:

Kane (O33 (TotalOne)

Stamkos (G3)

Sid (In his own Frankenstein stick from back in his Sherwood days)

Tavares (Original Ribcor with different weave and other mods)

Matthews (1st Gen 1N)

just to name a few.

Whether they’re using what’s painted or not isn’t really the point. Everyone knows pro stock differs from retail. 

With a lot guys switching to that stick there has to be something about it to get them to switch. It’s not and Dolomite repainted. There has to be something new they like enough to switch. So maybe those sticks are closer to retail than we think.

EK65, still Warrior

Kane, still Bauer

Sid, still CCM

Tavares, still CCM

Matthews, still Bauer

See my point....

1 hour ago, stick9 said:

Whether they’re using what’s painted or not isn’t really the point. Everyone knows pro stock differs from retail. 

With a lot guys switching to that stick there has to be something about it to get them to switch. It’s not and Dolomite repainted. There has to be something new they like enough to switch. So maybe those sticks are closer to retail than we think.

EK65, still Warrior

Kane, still Bauer

Sid, still CCM

Tavares, still CCM

Matthews, still Bauer

See my point....

I see your point but it isn’t a switch because of what they like or don’t. They only have to like it enough... enough that with what theyre getting from Warrior it makes sense. Warrior has been throwing big money/incentives to these new guys that have recently switched. Ovechkin didn’t switch to CCM from Bauer because of preference, Bauer had enough of the guy blowing of shoots and uncooperative diva behavior. 

On 11/19/2017 at 10:26 PM, penalty box hero said:

I saw a QXS-1 stick for sale online - can you tell me the details on that?

The Alpha QXS1 is a special model for sold at Canadian Tire (Canada) and Dick's Sporting Goods (USA).  The stick's constructions is primarily based on the QX5, but heavier.  If this model was in the regular line of Alpha, it would be marked QX6.  

Nice stick for a great price.  Best suited for the hockey consumer visiting those stores looking for those products.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miseaujeu said:

The Alpha QXS1 is a special model for sold at Canadian Tire (Canada) and Dick's Sporting Goods (USA).  The stick's constructions is primarily based on the QX5, but heavier.  If this model was in the regular line of Alpha, it would be marked QX6.  

Nice stick for a great price.  Best suited for the hockey consumer visiting those stores looking for those products.

For those not familiar with the Canadian retail space, Canadian Tire's parent company also owns Sportchek and ProHockeyLife, two of the biggest hockey sports stores in Canada.

So their buying and distribution power for custom models like the QXS1 makes sense - the combined entities move a lot of hockey product in Canada. Canadian Tire services the low end of the market, whereas SportChek is in the middle-to-upper end and ProHockeyLife is essentially a Hockey equipment superstore.

Thanks for the info as always Miseaujeu. I just ordered an Alpha QX Pro - the price was too good to pass up. The QRL Pro I already have has performed and held up great.

The one thing I'd change on these sticks though to make them perfect is the glossy finish on the blades. I'd prefer a texture on the blade like on the Nexus or SuperTacks 2.0. Or a matte finish if the texture adds too much cost.

Am I in the minority here, or is it a price point or performance thing? Does anyone prefer glossy finish on the blade? I guess it shouldn't really matter since I tape it anyway, but it's still a preference of mine.

colins

27 minutes ago, colins said:

For those not familiar with the Canadian retail space, Canadian Tire's parent company also owns Sportchek and ProHockeyLife, two of the biggest hockey sports stores in Canada.

So their buying and distribution power for custom models like the QXS1 makes sense - the combined entities move a lot of hockey product in Canada. Canadian Tire services the low end of the market, whereas SportChek is in the middle-to-upper end and ProHockeyLife is essentially a Hockey equipment superstore.

Thanks for the info as always Miseaujeu. I just ordered an Alpha QX Pro - the price was too good to pass up. The QRL Pro I already have has performed and held up great.

The one thing I'd change on these sticks though to make them perfect is the glossy finish on the blades. I'd prefer a texture on the blade like on the Nexus or SuperTacks 2.0. Or a matte finish if the texture adds too much cost.

Am I in the minority here, or is it a price point or performance thing? Does anyone prefer glossy finish on the blade? I guess it shouldn't really matter since I tape it anyway, but it's still a preference of mine.

colins

Thanks for adding in the explanation.  I'm too close to the business that I don't realize not everyone knows the Canadian channels so well.  Should also mention National Sports (regional Ontario sporting goods chain) to the family of banners.

Thanks for buying the QXPro, it's a great stick.  Our "Pro" line is directly influenced/spec'd by our sales to pro sales.  Teams that buy these sticks ("pro" "Team") prefer the gloss finish since they tell us there a tape adherence benefit.  Not sure if it's true (haven't seen any studies on it) but we provide what they ask for.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:46 AM, adam14 said:

I thought that was the focus of the QX Pro.

what are the differences between the QXT and the QX Pro lines?

QXT is a lower priced option.  A new addition for teams that could not afford the price of QXPro.

1 hour ago, Miseaujeu said:

Thanks for adding in the explanation.  I'm too close to the business that I don't realize not everyone knows the Canadian channels so well.  Should also mention National Sports (regional Ontario sporting goods chain) to the family of banners.

Thanks for buying the QXPro, it's a great stick.  Our "Pro" line is directly influenced/spec'd by our sales to pro sales.  Teams that buy these sticks ("pro" "Team") prefer the gloss finish since they tell us there a tape adherence benefit.  Not sure if it's true (haven't seen any studies on it) but we provide what they ask for.

That never even dawned on me. But now that you mention it - it does seem like I don't have to re-tape the QRL Pro nearly as frequently as my other sticks. I never put two and two together before that maybe it was the glossy blade finish that helped keep the tape on.

I'm going to take a closer look at this - seems I missed that detail all together. The more you know!

colins

Edited by colins

On 11/24/2017 at 2:15 PM, stick9 said:

I think it’s safe to assume thats the case with all manufacturers, not just Warrior. 

Whether or not a stick is dressed true to form is somewhat irrelivent. When Warrior releases the QRL, there was a noticeable spike in Warrior stick use amounts NHLers. We saw that again with the Alpha. So while they may not be exactly like their retail counterpart, players are switching.

I love these discussions.

Yes, individual NHL player specs don't match the graphic and the retail marketing performance story tied to the graphic.

The NHL sticks on the ice are decorated to do one thing - drive retail sales and brand awareness.  Simple story of Covert and Alpha helps drive awareness of our brand and our stick lines to consumers who tie them to the sticks they see on the shelves at retail.

Now, that said, there are many pros who use off-the-shelf retail constructions.  Currently over 75 players use the Alpha QX retail construction - and given then can get anything they want, that's pretty good.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 12:03 PM, 60PlusWinger said:

I see your point but it isn’t a switch because of what they like or don’t. They only have to like it enough... enough that with what theyre getting from Warrior it makes sense. Warrior has been throwing big money/incentives to these new guys that have recently switched. Ovechkin didn’t switch to CCM from Bauer because of preference, Bauer had enough of the guy blowing of shoots and uncooperative diva behavior. 

"Warrior throwing big money" - not true.

The majority of our players use our product with zero incentive.  They appreciate the relationship, service, product insight and quick turnaround from their reps and our factory experts.

You'd be surprised at how few players we pay vs. the huge increase in usage numbers we have in the league this year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

I love these discussions.

Yes, individual NHL player specs don't match the graphic and the retail marketing performance story tied to the graphic.

The NHL sticks on the ice are decorated to do one thing - drive retail sales and brand awareness.  Simple story of Covert and Alpha helps drive awareness of our brand and our stick lines to consumers who tie them to the sticks they see on the shelves at retail.

Now, that said, there are many pros who use off-the-shelf retail constructions.  Currently over 75 players use the Alpha QX retail construction - and given then can get anything they want, that's pretty good.

This makes me think - what can't stick manufacturers do in terms of pro custom sticks?

5 hours ago, Miseaujeu said:

"Warrior throwing big money" - not true.

The majority of our players use our product with zero incentive.  They appreciate the relationship, service, product insight and quick turnaround from their reps and our factory experts.

You'd be surprised at how few players we pay vs. the huge increase in usage numbers we have in the league this year.

Im not sure what you do for Warrior, rep or not but I’m assuming that you’re assuming that I’m just spewing this out without knowing professional hockey players personally that I collect my information from direct conversations without naming names. I know that one of the reasons Warrior is popular in the pro world is that you guys have an insane amount of custom options and that’s a bonus but not enough to bring big names over for “zero” incentive. Professional hockey is a business and it’s cut throat. Guys making 7 mil year aren’t showing up to shoots and splashing their name all around your marketing for nothing. 

3 hours ago, Jamarquan said:

This makes me think - what can't stick manufacturers do in terms of pro custom sticks?

I was told by a close friend that plays in the NHL that when he was sampling different sticks he was almost overwhelmed by the amount of custom options that the warrior rep had available when they made him samples.

5 minutes ago, 60PlusWinger said:

Im not sure what you do for Warrior, rep or not but I’m assuming that you’re assuming that I’m just spewing this out without knowing professional hockey players personally that I collect my information from direct conversations without naming names. I know that one of the reasons Warrior is popular in the pro world is that you guys have an insane amount of custom options and that’s a bonus but not enough to bring big names over for “zero” incentive. Professional hockey is a business and it’s cut throat. Guys making 7 mil year aren’t showing up to shoots and splashing their name all around your marketing for nothing. 

he never said warrior didn't have players that they pay to endorse their products, that goes without saying. he said that there is a large number of players who, believe it or not, switched over because they enjoy the product and the service.

Not every player is as intricate with their equipment as members on this board, it's actually surprising how little many of them know about the gear they're using.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam14 said:

I was told by a close friend that plays in the NHL that when he was sampling different sticks he was almost overwhelmed by the amount of custom options that the warrior rep had available when they made him samples.

True statement. Same situation here. 

11 hours ago, 60PlusWinger said:

FYI - Brand Manager for Warrior, says it in his profile. :wink: