Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jgscenter

Long Hockey Pants

Boys,

Any ideas on longer hockey pants?

I barely need XL pants based on my waist (hoping to lose some lbs and have a smaller waist anyway) but I'm 6'3"+.

I can't justify custom RYR pants for beer league / pickup.

Side note RYR pants are amazing I used to used them 20 years ago.

TACKLA, CCM, Bauer, Easton and Reebok all have retail offerings with long length options.  Pro stock pants can also be found with longer lengths  made my most if not all brands. Go talk to your LHS and see what the have. 

check prostockhockey for +1 pro stock pants, should solve your issue. They currently have 47 pairs of size Large pants with +1 length as an option.

My LHS caters to the east coast population AKA not 6'3".

i know Bauer and Tackla used to do +2" but I can't find them (US links appreciated). 

Large +1 is still probably to short based on the listed sizings, an XL +1" would be perfect .

If it's only the $200 pants have added length options I'll call RYR.  I'd really like a mid level pant.

All great suggestions though, thanks for any help  

2 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

My LHS caters to the east coast population AKA not 6'3".

i know Bauer and Tackla used to do +2" but I can't find them (US links appreciated). 

Large +1 is still probably to short based on the listed sizings, an XL +1" would be perfect .

If it's only the $200 pants have added length options I'll call RYR.  I'd really like a mid level pant.

All great suggestions though, thanks for any help  

The mid-level Tacks 4052 have a 1" extension at the waist 

Now to find pants that you can SHORTEN. 

I actually had somebody suggest women's pants saying they're wider but shorter. Haven't tried that... and probably won't.

Maybe it is just my lack of coffee speaking, but how about basically any 2-piece pant and adding the required length yourself by doing
a) an "adapter belt" (a piece of nylon webbing with holes on top and buttons 2 inches below) or
b) just "loops" (a 2 inch diameter circle of laces you pull through the holes on the lowers and hook into the buttons on the uppers)

I was thinking about something like that on a pant where I'm in between sizes.

hockeydogs.com might have Tackla +1 sizing depending on pant model.

Your lhs might be able order custom pants from Eagle Hockey.  The Hockey Shop has their Team pants in +2's on their website so you can get an idea of their appearance but unfortunately don't ship from Canada.  I found them very protective when trying them on but legs were too long as they only had +2's on hand.