Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jgscenter

Verbero Vortex 2 Custom vs Cypress skates

Given that we're all guessing here, what do you guys think. 

I'm in supreme one.9s now but I think one of these two will be my next skates

Its been a while since the last Verbero thread, maybe some more guys have first hand experience now. 

Buzz, which ones did you see and hold? The Vortex or unreleased Cypress? I've seen, held and tried on the Vortex inline skates and they were very stiff and light. I thought they were pretty solid skates for the money, but that the fit likely wouldn't work for me - they were baked for someone else and were a half size too long, however; it seemed like the heel would be too wide for my feet. I have only seen pictures of the Cypress skates.

The Vortex felt like a wide, but shallow boot when I tried them on. To compare them to Bauer, think Nexus-like width, but Vapor like volume. The owner of the company describes the Cypress fit in another thread by saying it'd be like if a Vapor and VH skate had a baby. This leads me to believe it's a more form fitting offering. 

35 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

....Vapor and VH skate had a baby... 

Since VH is a custom fit boot and can mimic Vapor fit, when I her the baby statement it makes me conclude that it is a Vapor fit skate, but monocoque and moldable like VH... which basically makes it Easton Mako twin (ish)

17 hours ago, phantomowner27 said:

Althoma, you are correct. The Vortex II is definitely a more wide, deep fitting skate. The Cypress skate will be more narrow. 

How about instep depth?

8 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

How about instep depth?

Kgbeast, sorry for the delay, I'm working overseas at the moment and I don't have access to the skates to provide a measurement but the the V2 has a substantial amount of volume. Big change over the first generation. I personally have a pretty high instep and they work well for me. 

To clarify my earlier post, I was referring to the original Vortex skate when I said it was wide, but shallow. I have not tried on the Vortex II; they definitely look deeper in the pictures. 

really confusing sizing charts on the site. i printed out the charts(to proper scale) and traced my foot on them and my foot measured 11", but landed on size 8?! which another size chart on the FB page says is comparable to bauer 7.5?! i currently wear a Graf 9.5W which is a little big length-wise

36 minutes ago, asgoodasdead said:

really confusing sizing charts on the site. i printed out the charts(to proper scale) and traced my foot on them and my foot measured 11", but landed on size 8?! which another size chart on the FB page says is comparable to bauer 7.5?! i currently wear a Graf 9.5W which is a little big length-wise

Make sure that when you print the PDF, you do not choose fit to page. It will scale down depending on your printer.

On 2017-5-8 at 11:02 PM, asgoodasdead said:

Definitely double check that it printed to scale (just measure the squares on the top left to ensure they're 1 inch and 2cm respectively). I printed out a page and put my feet on it for the hell of it and measured an 8 - my feet are approximately 10.6" long and I currently wear 8EE Makos. When I tried on a teammates 8.5 original Vortex skates a while back they felt like they were a half size too long; so I do believe a size 8 would be the right length for me in the Vortex skate.

If your skate are 11" that'd be about 1cm longer than mine which usually equates to one full size. I think you'd probably need a size 9 in the Verbero Vortex skates. That would be consistent with the fact that your current Grafs are 9.5 and a bit too long.

Since the Cyprus skates have been launched, @phantomowner27 can you answer any questions people have about them? 

To start, I'm looking at skates today and the best fitting are Super Tacks, I need depth at my instep and I'm curious if the Cyrpus would fit at all.

12 hours ago, Hills said:

Since the Cyprus skates have been launched, @phantomowner27 can you answer any questions people have about them? 

To start, I'm looking at skates today and the best fitting are Super Tacks, I need depth at my instep and I'm curious if the Cyrpus would fit at all.

Hi Matt,

Yes, the Cypress have good depth at the instep. I have not tried on the Super Tacks however and cannot give an exact comparison. I'll try to find out for you.