Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WilliamHolden

Bauer 5100 Encouragement

Hello, 

I recently bought a new Bauer 5100. I have always prided my helmets, and I was really excited for it. I love the helmet. It's comfy, and it fits my abnormally large head just fine. 

One of my teammates had one as well. He was a senior, and I am a freshman. He had had it his whole HS hockey career. He did something, and the tool free adjustment on one side snapped off. Like not the tabs but those two forks. I figured it was old, but then I read a story about the same thing happening to another helmet. 

Has anyone else had this problem? It hasn't happened, but I'm just wondering if the 5100 is prone to that. Also, for those of you that have one, tell me your honest opinion about the 5100. 

Thank you!

I've had a 5100 for three years now and those tool free adjustment tabs haven't broken. Likewise, once I set the size, I'm not constantly playing with the tabs.

It's not an issue, but it does happen. You should not fool around too often with the tabs like vinprun said, but don't worry about it.