Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jordon777

New Steel? Blackedge vs LS2

Hey all!

I'm going to pick up a spare pair of steel for my VH skates. I already have Step, but I'm coming from the normal LS2 in my last skates, so I'm looking to have that as a backup.

Is the Blackedge version of the LS2 the way to go?
Does it outperform the Bauer LS2 standard?

TIA!

Blackedge is the best steel you cn get.  if you need the extra height, go with Step Blacksteel.  The DLC coating is extremely nick resistant, holds edges much, much, longer, and the blades will last longer because they don't need nicks taken out or have to be sharpened weekly like the crappy chinese steel.

I came from ls3 and made the swap to Step's Black Steel on my VH's as well. I think the radius was slightly different but it only took me 10 minutes into my first skate with the new steel to adjust. I must say after several skates that it is the best set of steel I've ever had and would highly recommend this steel to anybody on the fence about pulling the trigger. BTW I posted this pic already in the show it off page but what the hell, it's worth another look lol.

6xy4qIE.jpg

If you're looking for strictly a set of backup steel, save some money and get some LS3's (profiled and radiused to match your Step). Now granted, they aren't as good as the Step but still light years better than the LS2. If you're like me and rotate two sets of steel, just go right to the Step.