Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
clarkiestooth

CCM 710 or 310 HELMET

Howdy,

3 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Well to be fair that's nearly as scientific as the VT study was. 

I thought we agreed not to do this?

Mark

3 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Tried on both the other week, the 310 is softer than the 710. Ended up going with the 710. Both great helmets!

I also picked up a 710 this past week, will get my first skate with it in on Sunday but I've been wearing it around the house some to make sure there aren't any pressure points, etc. So far I'm loving it, the way that the foam sort of molds to your head makes it super comfy. 

I'll chime in as another fan of the 710.

I've had about 7 games with it now, and I have to say that it's personally the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. 

QHW8ZNs.jpg

• Like 2

FWIW, I have the Resistance and the Resistance 300 (one for each place that I play at). I thought that both were great, but just recently, I have been noticing pressure points. on the right and left sides of my forehead. I have a narrow head (Icon Airframe Pro for motorbike, and most helmets give me the same feeling that I just noticed the Resistance giving me). So, I think that the Resistance shape is more round than suits me- not the fault of the helmet; I bought it because I liked its depth, and I have not really found a proper intermediate oval helmet, until ...

The Tacks seemed to fit my head better when I tried it on at the store. The 310 seemed softer in the store, not sure if the 710 will soften up when it breaks in or what. Next helmet is definitely the 310 or 710. If I had not spent so much on the 2 Resistance helmets then I would already be in a Tacks; I just do not like taking losses on gear (and I do not like paying shipping so yea, just gonna stick with the Resistance buckets for now). 

Edited by Cosmic

On 1/3/2018 at 1:11 AM, brandonthequick said:

Does anyone know if CCM 710 will fit a re-akt cage on it? 

Also does anyone know how the sizing would be compared to a IMS 9.0? (Kinda random)

Not sure on the sizing vs an IMS9.0 but the cage will work fine (I'm running a 710 with re-akt cage).

Does anyone know if CCM 710 will fit a re-akt cage on it? 

It will but you'll likely need to go a size up. I had a medium Re-Akt cage on my medium 710 and it fit small so I use a large cage now.

Cage size has more to do with the length of your face than the size of your helmet. That said, how a cage fits you helmet to helmet may vary depending on how high or low the mounting screws are, and if you have the clips flipped up or down. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

Also does anyone know how the sizing would be compared to a IMS 9.0? (Kinda random)

I've compared the IMS 9.0 with the Tacks 310 in store. in size Large, the IMS 9.0 has a larger range of fit. On my head, the Tacks 310 fits on close to its largest adjustment. The IMS fits on it's medium setting.

IMO, but helmets fit similar, but I feel that the IMS has a slighly lower profile and again could fit bigger than 7 5/8 or 7 3/4

Edited by simnorm

Reviving old thread. Just got a 710 and love it. Most comfy helmet I've had. Previously I was wearing the warrior alpha one pro and thought that was the most comfy. Still like the warrior but this is def more supportive and comfy whereas the warrior wasn't that supportive being a boa system. 

I tried the 310 as I wanted to get something cheaper if both fit the same but to my surprise the 310 didn't fit the same. The temples angled in more and really pushed into my temple/cheekbone area. I have the higher asian cheekbones which can make helmet fitting tricky.

I was surprised at how the fits were that diff. I'm just glad the 710 fit. Played a pickup tonight with it and it felt great. I wasn't used to having so much support all around every inch of my head, that was the only thing I had to get used to, especially when coming from the warrior which is like a bike helmet. 

19 hours ago, Miller55 said:

How's the weight? 

Didn't weigh. Don't care about the weight. Just the comfort. Didn't notice my ability to turn my head slower or faster than usual 😜

Edited by Sniper9
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, Sniper9 said:

Didn't weigh. Don't care about the weight. Just the comfort. Didn't notice my ability to turn my head slower or faster than usual 😜

Lol, I'm not a bean counter, I just get migraines often, and I found that a heavier feeling helmet can trigger one for me. I use the e700 which is probably the lightest helmet ever. I've also had decent luck with the 11k, but I don't usually vary because I don't really want to experiment and risk it

Just throwing this out there but I had previously tried a Resistance Helmet (I think it was a 300) was was essentially the same as the Tacks 310, just an earlier generation.  I wore it for maybe half a season but it was too square up front and would cause pain about 15 mins into playing (felt fine when I'd put it on).  I ditched it and stuck with my V08 until this year when I switched to a Tacks 910 and the 910 has more of the oval shape like the V08 and fits me great.  I know this thread was started before the 910 was ever released so I figured I'd throw it out there as another option, I picked mine up brand new for about $120 from SLS (pro stock leftover).  The only issue I found with the 910 is where the ear guards slide in by the temples created a very hard spot which caused pain once I started bringing the heart rate up, I ended up removing the ear guards and the issue went away.

1 hour ago, xstartxtodayx said:

Just throwing this out there but I had previously tried a Resistance Helmet (I think it was a 300) was was essentially the same as the Tacks 310, just an earlier generation.  I wore it for maybe half a season but it was too square up front and would cause pain about 15 mins into playing (felt fine when I'd put it on).  I ditched it and stuck with my V08 until this year when I switched to a Tacks 910 and the 910 has more of the oval shape like the V08 and fits me great.  I know this thread was started before the 910 was ever released so I figured I'd throw it out there as another option, I picked mine up brand new for about $120 from SLS (pro stock leftover).  The only issue I found with the 910 is where the ear guards slide in by the temples created a very hard spot which caused pain once I started bringing the heart rate up, I ended up removing the ear guards and the issue went away.

I have issues with the temples of helmets digging into my cheek/temple bc of my cheekbones. It's annoying so only a handful of helmets fit me without that being an issue. It's usually fixed when I put a visor with old school washer spacers that cause the temples of tht helmets to pull out a bit, but when I try on helmets I will only get it if they fit good out of box as I don't want to count on my visor pulling the temple areas for good fitment. I prefer to use the ccm visors spacers that don't alter the shape or the helmet or visor at all, so that's another reason.   Final reason is having the temples of the helmets flared too much bc of the visor could cause premature cracking of the plastic in that area. 

On 8/14/2021 at 12:49 AM, Sniper9 said:

I have issues with the temples of helmets digging into my cheek/temple bc of my cheekbones. It's annoying so only a handful of helmets fit me without that being an issue. It's usually fixed when I put a visor with old school washer spacers that cause the temples of tht helmets to pull out a bit, but when I try on helmets I will only get it if they fit good out of box as I don't want to count on my visor pulling the temple areas for good fitment. I prefer to use the ccm visors spacers that don't alter the shape or the helmet or visor at all, so that's another reason.   Final reason is having the temples of the helmets flared too much bc of the visor could cause premature cracking of the plastic in that area. 

I find that taking out the ear covers/protection helps with that. I wear the 710 too and initially had the same problem as you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, salibandy said:

I find that taking out the ear covers/protection helps with that. I wear the 710 too and initially had the same problem as you.

710 was fine. It was the310 that gave me temple pinch. I don't see how the ear covers would make a difference.