Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jonesy9020

STX Stallion 400 Stick Opinions

Hey everyone,

Apologize for starting a specific product question thread, but couldn't find much feedback on this stick in existing forums/reviews with a search.

After breaking my stick last night, an original True A5.2, I'm in the market for a replacement.  The Stallion 400 at IW looks nice. At first glance I like that it's available in my preferred curve and flex (75 and p88 for roller -- find it does better on slapshots with the lighter flex and lighter puck combo).  The weight at 459 is a little heavier than the A5.2, but is in the right wheelhouse. The price is my main attraction, as I'm not looking to spend more than $80 or so right now.

Just looking for any user feedback -- is it particularly blade-heavy or well balanced? How's durability? Does it play true, stiff, or soft to advertised flex? How's blade feel?

Also, it looks like standard shaft dimensions online, but want to make sure it doesn't change halfway down the shaft.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comps to the Sher-Wood EK40 would also be great.  Yes, I know they're different kick point sticks -- doesn't matter quite as much for roller. More concerned about balance and blade feel.

Ended up going with a late model Vapor X800 based on some convos between other members on here.  Going to keep this open as there's a pretty noticeable lack of feedback on the board for both the EK40 and Stallion 400.