Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

colins

CCM Super Tacks & 7092 Girdles

Were these soft launched as well? I see them online showing as in-stock at some retailers. Any reviews yet - who's used one and can compare to Warrior Dynasty or Bauer options?

colins

7 hours ago, colins said:

Were these soft launched as well? I see them online showing as in-stock at some retailers. Any reviews yet - who's used one and can compare to Warrior Dynasty or Bauer options?

colins

Source for Sports (Sports craft) on rope walk lane has had them for a couple of weeks

I checked in out and tried it on last week. It definitely feels lighter than the 9k but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with 9k shells. It has a lot of adjustability and feels pretty nice on, kinda similar to the vapor girdle IMO. The only thing I didn't like was the stretch mesh they used in the crotch area as it seems like it wouldn't hold up over time. I took a few pics if anyone is interested?

I'd like to hear a comparison to the Dynasty in particular. 

Also we're talking about 2 different models - the Super Tacks and the 7092. If someone has experience with both that'd be great to hear about. 

colins

15 minutes ago, malcb33 said:

I'll leave this to JR but I'm happy to help with any questions 

I am interested to see how easy it would be to modify it into a wrap-style girdle. Step-in girdles seem to defeat the purpose for me.

5 hours ago, JoeyJ0506 said:

I am interested to see how easy it would be to modify it into a wrap-style girdle. Step-in girdles seem to defeat the purpose for me.

From what I saw, it should be pretty simple I think. It has a stretch mesh crotch (similar to what they used on the middle strap on the RBZ elbow pad) which could easily be cut out without really loosing any performance in the fit. The only draw back maybe the tailbone pad doesn't wrap around quite as well, but that shouldn't be a big issue once you have the shell on. 

That being said, I don't find step in girdle a huge inconvenience personally. 

I was considering the same. Someone on the HM website wrote a glowing review of the 7092. When I visited the HM store, I tried on the Super Tacks girdle. It felt super protective without being in its own way (like traditional pants), and they did not have the 7092 girdle in my size, so I just went with the Super Tacks girdle. I thought the 7092 could actually be less durable, if you figure that each time you stride, you could be pulling at that area right above the thigh pad, which is sewn in on the 7092, but has that weak looking little velcro tab on the Super Tacks. My thinking is, that if my stride rips away the sewing on the 7092 in that region, then that's a mighty repair. However, if my stride rips that weak looking little velcro tab, then it's an easy fix. Overall, I am happy with the SG girdle so far. I think I have worn it for 3 or 4 pickups, plus about 8 hours at camp, and no signs of anything falling apart yet. The SG girdle seemed more protective than the 7092 (thigh guards and hips and major area may be all equal, it was the secondary areas, like the connecting areas, where the SG seemed beefier), but I am yet to test either. I find that sticks and pucks and things find their way into secondary areas as frequently as they find the major areas, in beer league anyway (with major area like hip guards not seeing the type of beating that they'd see in checking games), so the secondary areas may as well be primary areas for my use. No falls or impacts yet with the SG that I can recall, and never got to try on the 7092.