Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

CCM Super Tacks Girdle Initial Thoughts

New for 2017, the Super Tacks is CCM's top-end girdle.  Here's it out of the box:

IMG_9284.thumb.JPG.0afefe6c9b148d610b49191ffaa850b6.JPG

IMG_2927.thumb.JPG.a849e81261a7b7a46cf85c99a14e769e.JPG

The shell is removable, with leg zippers and +1 adjustment.  It has three points in which it attaches to the girdle.  

IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.820afd5e07db64f48c4647f74ffc4ccb.JPG

There is a second loop under the belt in which the shell strap hooks into.

IMG_5377.thumb.JPG.e3ed69f50887beb6889f0a2564894917.JPG

IMG_1214.thumb.JPG.a13813ec0835b156ae58f435b76091c2.JPG

Adjustable spine pad, with D3O.

IMG_0902.thumb.JPG.7402c7aaa17439ee5c08efb8bc3458a5.JPG

Now, here's the girdle without the shell.  Open front crotch.  However, there is a step-in part in the seat of the girdle.

IMG_1347.JPG

Opening it up, you can see it.

IMG_6039.JPG

The tailbone pad is built in, similar to 9k.

IMG_5982.thumb.JPG.97660010fcb61f65c49e93291c0f96ae.JPG

There are 4 adjustment tabs in the girdle.  Two of them extend all the way up to the kidney pad and bring the back of the thigh pad up...

IMG_8322.JPG

And the other two bring the front of the thigh pad up.

IMG_5589.JPG

Hip pads are similar to 9k.

IMG_6197.JPG

There's a lot to like here.  Having the open crotch is good, and there's no shortness of protection as well.  However, two things could be potentially nagging - the step-in part is one.  It doesn't really seem to be necessary - the points it's attaching to is the groin pad area and the tailbone pad.  The second one is the lack of stretch material in the top of the girdle.  The only part where there's any sort of stretch is a 1.5" piece where the velcro tab is that mates to the belly pad.  

I'm hoping to skate in them shortly.

Any questions or additional pictures needed, please ask.

Thanks goes to CCM for sending me this set.  I've been a girdle wearer for almost 20 years so it's a category that always intrigues me.

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_6505.JPG

• Like 5

This looks great.  I was really excited for the TotalOne MX3 girdle that had a similar integrated girdle/shell setup, but I hated the fact that the internal piece didn't have a separate waist strap.  Very happy that this one does.  

• Like 1

excellent pictures. I've been trying to figure out for weeks if this was an "open" girdle like the TO. how much "give" is in the step in part?could you easily cut it out to make it more like the fully open girdles?

I'm in a 9K now. Might have to try this one on next time I'm at a LHS. I'm usually not a CCM-fit body type but the +1 adjustments on this girdle intrigue me.

Also pretty happy that this should breathe a little more life into the girdle shell market.

31 minutes ago, shoeshine boy said:

could you easily cut it out to make it more like the fully open girdles?

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. The stretch mesh doesn't look like it will do a lot, as once you have your shell on it will pull the tailbone section in anyways. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

excellent pictures. I've been trying to figure out for weeks if this was an "open" girdle like the TO. how much "give" is in the step in part?could you easily cut it out to make it more like the fully open girdles?

18 hours ago, malcb33 said:

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can. The stretch mesh doesn't look like it will do a lot, as once you have your shell on it will pull the tailbone section in anyways. 

Exactly - it seems that its only purpose is to hold the seat closer to you - it has significantly more padding there than a Bauer girdle.

If it's gutted, it should still stay in place once fastened.

• Like 1

Those hip shields look HUGE!

I like the thigh wraps and how they can be adjustable. 

As said before the mesh step in piece doesn't look like it would anything. and was wondering if it could be cut out, and make this a wrap style girdle. 

I really like that spine protection plate too. 

Is the Spine plate attached with velcro or does it move with the kidney pads?

Are the attachment points for the shell compatible with the 9K shell tables?

1 hour ago, Goonsquad said:

Are the attachment points for the shell compatible with the 9K shell tables?

This is what I want to know as well. 

On 6/1/2017 at 3:23 PM, IPv6Freely said:

This is what I want to know as well. 

@Louie picked one up last week and said that the 9K shells line up perfectly with the attachment points on the new Super Tacks Girdle.

Edited by JoeyJ0506
  • Like 4

Do these have similar inseams/lengths as the current CCM pants?  The RBZ and crazy lights size small were perfect lengths for me. 

The 9k small shell is longer on my legs so I'm hoping these are more like ccm than the 9k 

Edited by Ps12

Played first pickup tonight with these, and absolutely loved them. I have been wearing these super heavy Warrior Franchise Pro Stock pants that I picked up at a team sale, which I absolutely loathe (so heavy and cumbersome and they are too big for me/ size Large when I must be a Medium in these). Before these, I was in the Warrior Dynasty girdle, which I like ok, but am not thrilled about. After just one skate, these are infinitely better than the Pro Stock pants, and noticeably better than the Dynasty retails. More to come- I do not like the attachment points for the shell; this is one area that the Dynasty "girdle" definitely has the Super Tacks girdle beat, hands down. Aside from this, I am yet to notice anything that I do not like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Played first pickup tonight with these, and absolutely loved them. I have been wearing these super heavy Warrior Franchise Pro Stock pants that I picked up at a team sale, which I absolutely loathe (so heavy and cumbersome and they are too big for me/ size Large when I must be a Medium in these). Before these, I was in the Warrior Dynasty girdle, which I like ok, but am not thrilled about. After just one skate, these are infinitely better than the Pro Stock pants, and noticeably better than the Dynasty retails. More to come- I do not like the attachment points for the shell; this is one area that the Dynasty "girdle" definitely has the Super Tacks girdle beat, hands down. Aside from this, I am yet to notice anything that I do not like.

You're a medium in the Super Tacks girdle? What's your waist size?

I believe he's saying he has a large pair of Franchise Pro Stock pants, those are too big and he believes the correct size for him in Franchise Pro pants would be medium. The size he picked up in the Super Tacks girdle isn't mentioned in the post. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DRR said:

You're a medium in the Super Tacks girdle? What's your waist size?

Large in Super Tacks Girdle. 34 inch jean size.

13 hours ago, althoma1 said:

I believe he's saying he has a large pair of Franchise Pro Stock pants, those are too big and he believes the correct size for him in Franchise Pro pants would be medium. The size he picked up in the Super Tacks girdle isn't mentioned in the post. 

You got it (and Large in SuperTacks girdle).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Large in Super Tacks Girdle. 34 inch jean size.

You got it (and Large in SuperTacks girdle).

How much does your girdle weight @Cosmic?

18 hours ago, flip12 said:

How much does your girdle weight @Cosmic?

I stood on a regular body weight digital scale, and the girdle came out to about 4.2 pounds, including the shell (which converts to about 1900 grams). I am not sure if the girdle is lighter and the scale is messed up or what. Also, the shell has a padded belt, like the old Bauer Supreme shells of recent past, so that is adding a bit. Overall, when playing, the girdle feels like nothing compared to those clumsy pants that I was wearing previously. Very happy with the purchase, thus far- we will see how the durability is. 

• Like 1

If you don't need the adjustability of the Super Tacks girdle, the 7092 girdle is every bit as good, at $40 less. 

There are two features I like better on the 7092, and 2 from the Super Tacks:

Better on the Super Tacks:

1. Padding on the back of the thigh is segmented, and thicker than on the 7092. Not a huge deal, but a chop or a puck to the back of the leg would be better on the Super Tacks.
  2. Adjustable thigh and hip pads, and spine protector. If you like to play around with the positioning of these pads, or if you're growing and want the girdle to grow with you - nice feature.

Better on the 7092:

1. The velcro across the front doesn't extend up over your belly like it does on the Super Tacks. Personal preference here, but I had to modify the Super Tacks to be like the 7092 because my son didn't like that extra padding in the front.
  2. No crotch/leg section. It's a pure wrap, the way the Super Tacks probably should be too. Find that a lot more comfortable. I had to cut the crotch/leg section out of the Super Tacks girdle as my son found it too restrictive.

Both girdle's sizing runs small - if you are a medium in a pair of Nexus pants, I'd try on the Large CCM girdle.

colins

Edited by colins
  • Like 3