Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wahwahwhammybar

Losing my bearings

Hi

I've recently started playing skater hockey again after a 17 year break.

And my skates obviously need a bit of attention

Got some new wheels, but bearings seem a lot more confusing nowdays

Not convinced that paying mega money on swiss or ceramic bearing would make much of a  difference

I can get labeda, bionic , bevo abec 7 and roller bones fairly cheap.... What would be the better choice?

Thanks

Not sure if it's true but most bearings that size a basically identical. Only difference would be the oil. ( this is what I was told by a local guy who runs a business selling them )

As bearings get larger it makes a difference but due to the size not much can in reality be done for one bearing to simply just be better then another

I have never had a complaint with bones reds. For the price, if you want to upgrade later you can, but they have been great IMHO

My bones swiss ceramics with regular maintenance with bones products went to crap in less than a year and bones customer service has been less than helpful.

I contacted them hoping it was a common occurrence and I could easily repair them.

bones were useless and my Bauer Swiss Le are now much faster.

i personally think I need all new cages but that's close to $200 Australian for 8 pieces of plastic.