Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

six501

True XC9 ACF VS A6.0 SBP

Users of both, which do you prefer and why? I play D and really, I rarely get the shot off from the point. Always a pass first player. Can't decide between a new stick. 

Of the two, I personally prefer the A6.0 SBP.  That being said, I shoot from the point a LOT and I'm kind of weird about stick balance. 

That said, the XC9 ACF is a great stick, and if you're a pass-first kind of player you might appreciate the dampened feel from the xcore insert. You really can't go wrong between them, just depends if you prefer the featherweight or the dampened feel.  

7 minutes ago, Swlabr11 said:

I play D and also am a pass first type of player. I prefer the A6.0 SBP. Both are great sticks though.  

Do you also find it difficult to give up the stupid lightness of the A when you try others? Haha it's addicting.

I have none of these, but I have a XC9 and an A4.5(both tc4 65flex int). To be honest, although they are all great sticks, I think none of these surprised me. But IMO, A4.5 is at least as good as XC9. So I guess SBP must be noticeable better than ACF.

Being a dangler and passer, I don't like the dampened feel of XC9(I heard ACF has even more dampened blade feel). I also noticed the XC9 is more blade heavy than A4.5. Besides, XC9 seems to be stiffer than A4.5.

Hope that helps.

Directly comparing the two sticks in question, I can attest to what @canqingz said regarding the xcore sticks being more blade-heavy (though the ACF isn't as blade heavy as the original XC9), and the xcore stick playing slightly stiffer - I'd say that the xcore plays a true 85 flex, whereas the A6.0 SBP plays slightly whippier (I'd peg it right around 80 flex in terms of how it feels).  This may be due to the slightly different kickpoint - the kickpoint of the xcore sticks seems to be a couple of inches higher than the A series in my experience. 

I have been using the True XC9 ACF (85 flex, MC curve) for a couple weeks now and I can say without a doubt that it's the best stick I have ever used.  Pucks just fly off that thing, it's awesome.

33 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I have been using the True XC9 ACF (85 flex, MC curve) for a couple weeks now and I can say without a doubt that it's the best stick I have ever used.  Pucks just fly off that thing, it's awesome. 

Have you tried the SBP? Man, I am indecisive. I've been running intermediate sticks too for lower flex of 68 but now I am debating on going back to 75 senior too. The ACF comes at 68 flex and I believe 58" instead of the regular 57" intermediates i see

7 minutes ago, six501 said:

Have you tried the SBP? Man, I am indecisive. I've been running intermediate sticks too for lower flex of 68 but now I am debating on going back to 75 senior too. The ACF comes at 68 flex and I believe 58" instead of the regular 57" intermediates i see

I have a few True 6.0 SBP shafts, which I also love but I have never tried the 6.0 OPS. 

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

Whoops, meant to post in another thread. 

Saw this before it was deleted. What other sticks did you use before the ACF? I've had so many sticks the past few years. Currently going back and fourth between 1S and 1N. 1S is crazy whippy, shockingly so. Your video has made my decision harder though. 

I have a xcore9. I find it plays like a slightly stiffer Warrrior QRL. But is whippier than the 1N, which I also own.

Check out this link. http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/hockeyflexprofiles.php

it's a comparison of the flex profiles of various high end sticks, which include the True line sticks.  Basically they give you graphs of how the flex of each stick changes as they move from handle to blade. Similar graphs most likely means the flexes will play similar. That's what I've found  between the xCore9 and my QRL.

6 hours ago, six501 said:

Saw this before it was deleted. What other sticks did you use before the ACF? I've had so many sticks the past few years. Currently going back and fourth between 1S and 1N. 1S is crazy whippy, shockingly so. Your video has made my decision harder though. 

Ha, sorry - I posted it in the "Photos of yourself playing" thread as well and figured it was a bit redundant to have it in both.  Honestly, I am a creature of habit and try to stay with the same sticks as long as possible.  I love the Warrior Kovalchuk and Zetterberg patterns, so I had solely been using those patterns along with Warrior Dynasty Shafts for a long time.  I can't even recall the last stick I used before I started using Warrior shafts and blades.

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Ha, sorry - I posted it in the "Photos of yourself playing" thread as well and figured it was a bit redundant to have it in both.  Honestly, I am a creature of habit and try to stay with the same sticks as long as possible.  I love the Warrior Kovalchuk and Zetterberg patterns, so I had solely been using those patterns along with Warrior Dynasty Shafts for a long time.  I can't even recall the last stick I used before I started using Warrior shafts and blades.

I'm going to grab the ACF. If I hate it, I'll just get the other one. I used the old xcore 9 and the puck feel was incredible, not sure why I got rid of that one. 

2 minutes ago, six501 said:

I'm going to grab the ACF. If I hate it, I'll just get the other one. I used the old xcore 9 and the puck feel was incredible, not sure why I got rid of that one. 

If you liked the XC9, I'm sure you'll love the XC9 ACF.  The blade is more durable than the original, puck feel seems the same to me, and it's not as blade-heavy.  If you aren't crazy about it, easy enough to pick up the A6.0 SBP! 

59 minutes ago, tcraig said:

If you liked the XC9, I'm sure you'll love the XC9 ACF.  The blade is more durable than the original, puck feel seems the same to me, and it's not as blade-heavy.  If you aren't crazy about it, easy enough to pick up the A6.0 SBP! 

Well said :)

Howdy,

1 hour ago, six501 said:

Guy on eBay has them for $130. I might just buy both.

Damn, that's crazy cheap.  How the heck is he doing that?

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Damn, that's crazy cheap.  How the heck is he doing that?

Mark

No idea. If there is something wrong, I just report it and get my money back. 

If you're talking about the guy I think you are, he's legit. I got my A6.0 SBP from him...think he may end an employee because mine shipped directly from True Temper in IL.

2 hours ago, tcraig said:

If you're talking about the guy I think you are, he's legit. I got my A6.0 SBP from him...think he may end an employee because mine shipped directly from True Temper in IL.

That is in fact where mine is shipping from...

On 6/9/2017 at 10:08 PM, six501 said:

That is in fact where mine is shipping from...

Thx for the lead - I just ordered the A6.0SBP from the same guy. $5 FedEx Shipping to Canada too in addition to the crazy low price. I've had 3 XCore 9's (One Sr. two Int) so I'm curious to see how the A6.0SBP compares.

colins

On 6/9/2017 at 10:58 AM, puckpilot said:

I have a xcore9. I find it plays like a slightly stiffer Warrrior QRL. But is whippier than the 1N, which I also own.

Check out this link. http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/hockeyflexprofiles.php

it's a comparison of the flex profiles of various high end sticks, which include the True line sticks.  Basically they give you graphs of how the flex of each stick changes as they move from handle to blade. Similar graphs most likely means the flexes will play similar. That's what I've found  between the xCore9 and my QRL.

Did they come out with an updated one? I saw that a year ago and was hoping they'd add to it with new sticks as they came out.