Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

six501

True XC9 ACF VS A6.0 SBP

1 hour ago, GoalForFun said:

Did they come out with an updated one? I saw that a year ago and was hoping they'd add to it with new sticks as they came out.

Nothing is in the works at this moment but we do hope it continues. The work he has done for our sister company, Tennis Warehouse, is quite incredible. 

4 hours ago, colins said:

Thx for the lead - I just ordered the A6.0SBP from the same guy. $5 FedEx Shipping to Canada too in addition to the crazy low price. I've had 3 XCore 9's (One Sr. two Int) so I'm curious to see how the A6.0SBP compares.

colins

Spoke too soon... Seller just cancelled my order and issued a refund - no stock left.

I think I got the last one yesterday. :ph34r:

I saw the listing before, but it seemed like a "too good to be true" sort of thing, so I ignored it. When I saw people here saying it was legit, I figured it was divine intervention, and I'd be risking a lightning bolt to pass on it again.

The original 5.2 was one of my favorite sticks ever, so I'm excited to try this. Honestly, if I were to look a gift horse in the mouth, I'd probably prefer the slight extra weight and durability of the 5.2, but I'm not gonna complain. 

55 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Damn, that sucks :sad:

It looks like you guys blew his cover. All his listings have been pulled. If I were to hazard a guess, there is something amiss with these particular twigs.

1 minute ago, clarkiestooth said:

It looks like you guys blew his cover. All his listings have been pulled.

Now I'm nervous if mine gets canceled or not...

6 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Did they come out with an updated one? I saw that a year ago and was hoping they'd add to it with new sticks as they came out.

4 hours ago, IW Team - Chase said:

Nothing is in the works at this moment but we do hope it continues. The work he has done for our sister company, Tennis Warehouse, is quite incredible. 

I'm hoping there's a way to make this a regular sort of thing, because I found it to be an incredibly helpful resource. For me, it gives a firmer idea of what to expect from a stick. It certainly help me understand why my 1X did not feel like my QRL when I tried loading it up.

I agree... I am hesitant to spend $$$ on any OPS, it really is a gamble.  I took a couple hundred shots with my ACF yesterday at stick time and am still loving it, so this time the gamble paid off but it doesn't always work out that way.  

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

That's messed up.  Did he give you a reason as to why he cancelled it?

"'Im out of stock or the item is damaged."

I confirmed with him prior to the order about having what I wanted. Definitely sucks, I wanted to actually try both sticks. I'm working something out with someone on Sideline for the 6.0 SBP though now. 

2 hours ago, tcraig said:

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry man. 

All good here, was too good to be true this time. Got a ew A6.0 SBP on the way now.

Purchased on 5/12/17 for $279.99 plus CA state sales tax.  Broken tonight on a wrist shot from the circle.  

EDIT - True has contacted me about replacing it, which is awesome :smile: 

OGtX3e4.jpg

o2YDZmH.jpg

8zwj1oo.jpg

I'd still ask True if they would one time replace it. Its so close to the 30 day mark. I had an issue with my 5.2 a while back and they offered to extend warranty but I had to wait months for a new stick and passed. 

59 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The fine folks at True reached out to me - now that is great customer service.

Agreed, I've had nothing but teriffic service from the True folks.

1 hour ago, tcraig said:

Yep, Zac also helped me out when I broke a couple of their replacement blades last year.  Good dudes :)

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yep, Zac also helped me out when I broke a couple of their replacement blades last year.  Good dudes :)

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

8 hours ago, tcraig said:

The fine folks at True reached out to me - now that is great customer service.

And that's how you make a repeat customer.

On 6/16/2017 at 2:34 AM, Fletch said:

Purchased on 5/12/17 for $279.99 plus CA state sales tax.  Broken tonight on a wrist shot from the circle.  

EDIT - True has contacted me about replacing it, which is awesome :smile: 

OGtX3e4.jpg

o2YDZmH.jpg

8zwj1oo.jpg

Can you take a pic of the inside of the hosel? I always like seeing stuff like that.

13 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Can you take a pic of the inside of the hosel? I always like seeing stuff like that.

Here ya go...

3SBG73v.jpg