Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

six501

True XC9 ACF VS A6.0 SBP

On 6/16/2017 at 9:27 PM, afterhours said:

does anyone know why the MC2 curve is only available for the X-Series and not the A-Series?

the reason we only offer the MC2 as a stock offering only on the XC Series is because we did not want to make any changes to pattern offering on the A series to interfere with the launch of the XC series and we like to keep the lines the same for a 2 year life cycle as much as we can

On 6/19/2017 at 10:57 AM, jdksaves said:

the reason we only offer the MC2 as a stock offering only on the XC Series is because we did not want to make any changes to pattern offering on the A series to interfere with the launch of the XC series and we like to keep the lines the same for a 2 year life cycle as much as we can

So if I'm reading that correct, the MC2 curve should be available in the next A-Series launch?

On 6/20/2017 at 9:46 PM, afterhours said:

So if I'm reading that correct, the MC2 curve should be available in the next A-Series launch?

nothing has been finalized for pattern offerings at this point.

Just wanted to update this thread to mention the fine folks at True shipped out my replacement XC9, which I received yesterday.  First class customer service and I am extremely grateful that they helped me out.  Thanks Jason! :cool:

3 hours ago, hockeygeartester said:

Does the polyurethane insert in the xc9 acf detract from the "feel" of the stick? I understand that it dampens the puck feel, but does that cause it to lose puck response?

I don't notice it all, and that's a good thing.  Still the best stick I've ever used in 27 years of hockey.  

So compared to the the first xc9 and the a6.0 sbp how does the acf really compare? Didn't care for how blade heavy the xc9 was and idk how I feel about the blade feel... So is the a6.0 sbp more lively like a qrl? And how does the new acf blade compare to the old xc9?

The ACF is definitely better balanced than the original XC9. In terms of blade feel, yes the A6.0 SBP is more likely feeling whereas the ACF is more "dampened" feeling. 

The ACF has brought in the BRT tech from the SBP series, meaning the blade should be more durable than the original xcore sticks.

Can anyone compare the flex between the old X9 and A6.0 at the same rating? Generally mid flex sticks feel softer, is this the case with these too?

I had the original A6.0 and the original Xcore9 in 85 and I used a 75 flex 6.0 as well and the 85's didn't feel any different to me other than the fact that one is more mid kick and the other is lower. I was very comfortable switching back and forth between them in the 85's. The 75 was too whippy for me.