Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G28

CCM 48K Skates Fitting

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum, but I'm sure you can help me. I wish to buy a pair of CCM Ribcor 48Ks, but I don't know how they fit compared to the previous Reebok K lines. A 9.5D skate has always worked perfectly for me, and I've had Bauer, Reebok, and Mission skates, but I'm a bit weary of the CCMs, since the information you find online is conflicting. Some of them say they fit 1.5 sizes down to your regular size (so I would stick with a 9.5D), some say 2 sizes down, so your advice would be much appreciated !

Thank you !

13 hours ago, G28 said:

Hey guys,

I'm new on this forum, but I'm sure you can help me. I wish to buy a pair of CCM Ribcor 48Ks, but I don't know how they fit compared to the previous Reebok K lines. A 9.5D skate has always worked perfectly for me, and I've had Bauer, Reebok, and Mission skates, but I'm a bit weary of the CCMs, since the information you find online is conflicting. Some of them say they fit 1.5 sizes down to your regular size (so I would stick with a 9.5D), some say 2 sizes down, so your advice would be much appreciated !

Thank you !

Try them on if you can. 

My old skates were Rebok 11ks. I tried on the newer 50Ks last Decemeber. and they didn't fit the same. 

As for fitting, you never know how a skate is going to fit until you try them on. There's no other substitute. I wear a size 7.5 shoe,but I currently wear 4.5 skates. My Reebok 11Ks were size 5EEs. My current skates are Bauer Nexus N9000s 4.5Ds.

Everyone's feet are different and skate fit can change from model to mode, year to year, so every skate is going to fit different even if it's the same model line. One person's perfect fit can be someone else's nightmare, just because their foot has a slightly larger bump on it on some part.

17 hours ago, G28 said:

Hey guys,

Thank you !

The ribcor range up to 50k had a different length fit. If you were a 9.5 in Rbk (pre ribcor) or Bauer you would buy a 9 in a 48k. Note after the 50k the length is the same as Bauer again. 

However the fit of the ribcor is very different to the Rbk (pre Ribcor) skate, the ribcor is narrower in the heel and forefoot and has lesser volume.