Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

I hear you. I just look at the Winter/Summer Jam event. The vast majority of hockey consumers wouldn't center a 'vacation' around a 90-min scrimmage to demo hockey equipment. Or have annual threads based on what professional/collegiate players wear. You are correct: we are consumers. We are also (hockey equipment) nerds haha. Or at least I am.

For me, it’s not the loss of the catalog itself I care about. Like chippa said, it’s not like it’s information I can’t get elsewhere (even though a catalog is certainly nice to flip through and see all the options in one place).

No, for me the issue is the short-sightedness and silliness of it. I echo Junkyard’s initial comment. More of a “oh, please. Get over yourselves” sort of reaction. 

It’s not a problem so much as it’s just dumb.

• Like 7

On 8/10/2017 at 1:50 PM, chippa13 said:

You're posting here so you have access to the internet, correct? Guess what, CCM will have all of their product on their site, also on the internet. Bauer is only allowing the catalog to be posted after gear is released so it really makes no difference, well, unless actually navigating to the CCM site is too much of a hardship. The catalogs don't give you any further information that cannot be gleaned from the manufacturer websites.

The format of the catalog / PDF is a lot quicker and easier to consume for the entire product line than their website. It costs them nothing to allow the catalog to be posted. It costs us time to dig around their website for product info and comparisons. 

Go to their website and try to compare features of the new Super Tacks Girdle to the 7092 girdle. I can't find either under Protective / Pants at all. I've seen the Super Tacks girdle in stores, so I know they are out .

colins

Edited by JR Boucicaut
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

Why didn't you just compare them in store?

Store had the Super Tacks girdle only, and in a Large, not my size to even try on... they had no 7092 girdles in stock.

So you can't find them on the website either hey? But the website is a suitable substitute for the catalog? Or we should all spend time & gas money travelling around trying to find the products in store, even though many of us don't live in big markets where every product is stocked in a store near us?

colins

3 hours ago, chippa13 said:

Then I guess you're shit out of luck. First world problems.

Ok ok we're not making any progress on this one. Everyone can just google their way to the CCM catalog if they'd like to see it, and CCM can go on thinking they're making a good decision telling JR not to post it for registered modsquad members. 

I appreciate your no compromise approach to defending your side of the argument - well played sir.

Image result for did we just become best friends

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, clarkiestooth said:

Check out this new site.  Interesting, and they say they update daily:

https://www.geargeek.com/

Interesting, Ill be keeping an eye on if they update it everyday during the season. Especially for players like TJ Oshie who seems to wear a CCM helmet some games and then he will wear a Bauer helmet some games

20 hours ago, colins said:

The format of the catalog / PDF is a lot quicker and easier to consume for the entire product line than their website. It costs them nothing to allow the catalog to be posted. It costs us time to dig around their website for product info and comparisons. 

I use the catalogs as a reference to look up info on older equipment.  It's really handy.   Once equipment is a couple years old or more, it becomes much harder to find information on the internet about it.

• Like 3

Howdy,

1 hour ago, clarkiestooth said:

Check out this new site.  Interesting, and they say they update daily:

https://www.geargeek.com/

Neat!  Interesting that Bauer/CCM split in most categories, except for skates.

Great marketing site by ProStockHockey.com.  :)

Mark

The website also appears to be a bit too accurate or not so accurate. If you go to skates->True, you will find way shorter list than you'do suspect. As CBJ fan, I miss to see Sedlack, Bjorkstrand, Bobrovsky, Hartnell... at least, probably missing a couple. No goalies in general (Price, McElhinney, Anderson to name a few). Half of KHL probably as well. Obviously, these perhaps wear VH skates not True... in which case the site is too particular, or it is simply based upon the limited pool that they draw out of the Hockey world at random. So I was kind of "yey.. cool site", but now - not so sure.

12 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

You know that just because it's dressed as a 1N doesn't mean it is one.

It's actually Bauer's most popular stick at pro.  Even including the "dressed" ones.

• Like 3