Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

2 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's actually Bauer's most popular stick at pro.  Even including the "dressed" ones.

Very similar in the European pro market, a large number of pro players have switched to "the easy load stick" 1N, by far their most popular choice.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:15 PM, Kgbeast said:

https://goo.gl/images/GBtLUF

This one looks like 335, but somehow, I doubt that it is.

Nah, if you zoom waaaaay in, you'll see it's got the ribbing of the F60 and the carbonish weavy texture of the quarter panel material that would match that model as opposed to the more stripy tech-mesh (nylon?) on the G35's from that series (335, 535, 635, 735, etc).

This shot from the same game shows the make of the skate much better. Pretty standard looking F60 from that view. jared-coreau-of-the-detroit-red-wings-fo

11 minutes ago, flip12 said:

Nah, if you zoom waaaaay in, you'll see it's got the ribbing of the F60 and the carbonish weavy texture of the quarter panel material that would match that model as opposed to the more stripy tech-mesh (nylon?) on the G35's from that series (335, 535, 635, 735, etc).

This shot from the same game shows the make of the skate much better. Pretty standard looking F60 from that view. jared-coreau-of-the-detroit-red-wings-fo

Yes, I was just suggesting the possible source of the confusion - Internet puctures. 

6 minutes ago, Kgbeast said:

Yes, I was just suggesting the possible source of the confusion - Internet puctures. 

If it's not clear, don't conclude it's an actual Loch Ness Monster...look for more clarity! Or simply conclude to the degree of certainty reasonable.

Also, why would anyone in the NHL wear 335's? Weren't they the low-midrange model? How many guys do they list in RBZ 270's, RibCor 44K's, or Nexus N7000's? It's just implausible on first glance.

There was an article about Komarov's skates a couple of years ago where he admitted he has the cheapest skates in the NHL. He had bought 10 pairs of Grafs for 150€ a pair, said they're heavy but he likes the fit and feel.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kgbeast said:

Not sure if you are holding me here in contempt of some kind... I am with you on this 100%.

No contempt against you, sorry if I came across too strong :) I just was still reeling against that site. It's so crazy...335s! And I'm sad to see Graf's pool of NHLers drop to almost nothing at all, so it's a shame even the couple of guys wearing their boots are misrepresented.

10 hours ago, JSK81 said:

There was an article about Komarov's skates a couple of years ago where he admitted he has the cheapest skates in the NHL. He had bought 10 pairs of Grafs for 150€ a pair, said they're heavy but he likes the fit and feel.

Graf's own site lists the current F60 at CHF 849, roughly €750! http://www.grafskates.ch/skates/grafskates-hockey/ultra-line/graf-hockey-skate-ultra-f-60/?L=ws[tt_news]

Don't forget, this is the MSRP not the real price. In addition, this is the website for Switzerland, which a) has incredibly high taxes and b) has barely any hockey-stores which keeps the price high. So in Germany the F60 retails for about €350, and on sale is significantly cheaper.

18 hours ago, cjpritch said:

Ovi using a CCM Super Tacks today. Possibly switching from Bauer?

Ovi's contract expired. Bauer is divesting in him to sign younger athletes. Alex will use what he wants. The Bauer engineer who developed G3 profile is now working for CCM. No question that he made sticks for Ovi to try. 

38 minutes ago, Staal111218 said:

The Bauer engineer who developed G3 profile is now working for CCM. No question that he made sticks for Ovi to try. 

Which CCM pro stock build is the G3 version then?

They're gaudy. He definitely wants to stand out and certainly isn't afraid of getting chirped. They'd blend in more in inline, but they're definitely out of place in ice. If Ho Sang played inline in his youth, I suspect he would've rocked something like these:

mission_axiom_t10_revolt_2012.jpg

Edited by althoma1

31 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

They're gaudy. He definitely wants to stand out and certainly isn't afraid of getting chirped. They'd blend in more in inline, but they're definitely out of place in ice. If Ho Sang played inline in his youth, I suspect he would've rocked something like these:

mission_axiom_t10_revolt_2012.jpg

I just threw up in my mouth a bit. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

I think for a rookie, he is gonna get a lot of flak for having those skates... it's bad enough already that he wears 66.

I get the impression that he does not give one single flying f*ck about what anyone thinks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1