Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

Probably not gonna be in the majority on this one, but I like them.
I'd love them if they didn't do the white paint splotches over the rest of the skate and he just kept the graffiti style 'Ho-Sang' script and '66'.

57 minutes ago, the_game said:

Probably not gonna be in the majority on this one, but I like them.
I'd love them if they didn't do the white paint splotches over the rest of the skate and he just kept the graffiti style 'Ho-Sang' script and '66'.

Yea I think its definitely the splatters that take them from slightly gaudy to "WTF why would you even do that?"

21 hours ago, Fletch said:

I think for a rookie, he is gonna get a lot of flak for having those skates... it's bad enough already that he wears 66.

I love that in hockey you have to look a certain way to fit in.  I love that we all have to fall in line and that creativity in all forms is stiffled at all costs for the benefit of the team. 

I get that it's a team sport and the team comes first and that I truly do love.  But jesus.. it wouldn't kill anyone to have a little flavor. 

Ho-Sang has taken alot of criticism and much of it has been deserved or self inflicted.

Certainly the guy has alot to prove.  I know lots of guys that cannot stop chriping... No matter how many times they end up digging the puck out of their own net.

Gripe about his skates all you want guys.. The real enemy here will be those giant Corporate Ads all over the jerseys.

Edited by Zac911
spelling / phrasing
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zac911 said:

I love that in hockey you have to look a certain way to fit in.  I love that we all have to fall in line and that creativity in all forms is stiffled at all costs for the benefit of the team. 

I get that it's a team sport and the team comes first and that I truly do love.  But jesus.. it wouldn't kill anyone to have a little flavor. 

Ho-Sang has taken alot of criticism and much of it has been deserved or self inflicted.

Certainly the guy has alot to prove.  I know lots of talks that cannot stop chriping... No matter how many times they end up digging the puck out of the net.

Gripe about his skates all you want guys.. The real enemy here will be those giant Corporate Ads all over the jerseys.

If you wear equipment with that much flash you better be as good as Fedorov or Kovalev 

2 hours ago, Zac911 said:

Certainly the guy has alot to prove.  I know lots of talks that cannot stop chriping... No matter how many times they end up digging the puck out of the net.

Oh believe me, I think more individuality in terms of personality is a good thing for the NHL... definitely more guys like Subban, Doughty and the kind of confidence and swagger they bring to the game can only help draw more fans in.  I don't care about the look of the skates at all really but I do think 66 should be off limits the same way 99 is.  I would throw 87 into that category as well.  That being said, I am rooting for Ho-Sang to prove his critics wrong and for him to be a dynamic talent in the show.  He had good numbers in his stint last season, hopefully he builds on that.

38 minutes ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

Mario said publicly that he has no problem with him wearing 66 and he wished him well, just not against the Pens.

I'd chalk that up more to Mario taking the high road.

Embarassing someone even needs to ask him his opinion on it. Disrespectful to a legend from a kid who hasn't even proven he can show up on time for his first crack at an NHL roster spot.

Edited by colins

Yeah, what a disrespectful clown:

Ho-Sang has been the subject of social-media crticism for choosing No. 66. The 21-year-old, who made his NHL debut on March 2, told Newsday earlier this month that he wears it as a tribute to Lemieux and would consider changing it if asked. He told the Post-Gazette on Thursday that it's more than Lemieux's on-ice success he wants to honor.

"You look at the [Mario Lemieux] Foundation he's created for cancer patients and in retrospect what happened to him in his career and how he got cancer and dealt with that," he said. "He fought and continues to fight for other people. He thinks outside himself. For me, that's a man worth looking up to. That's why I wear the number. That's the type of guy who's behind that number, and that's what's so inspiring for me, you know."

• Like 3

It's just a number. The number isn't great, the player is great. Hold the player in reverence, not the number that merely represented him.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, and they weren't received well.

Plus, with the sale of TaylorMade, there goes the RBZ trademark.

Aren't the FT1 not even out yet? I understand losing the RBZ name though.

2 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Then why do numbers get retired ha?

HOT TAKE ALERT  - Honestly, I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers in the first place. If you want to hang a name and number from the rafters to honor the player, (and the number he wore,) then by all means do it. But then to say, no other player can wear that number, begins to conflate two things that aren't really the same (the name and the number). Just my 2 cents.

• Like 4

i don't mind the underarm stripes, kind of like them, but making the logo smaller to for the team name wording is just dumb. Too small in fact. Why do they need the name spelled out in the uni?

• Like 1

Just now, Buzz_LightBeer said:

i don't mind the underarm stripes, kind of like them, but making the logo smaller to for the team name wording is just dumb. Too small in fact. Why do they need the name spelled out in the uni?

Reminds me of the old Centre Ice practice jerseys. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, colins said:

I'd chalk that up more to Mario taking the high road.

Embarassing someone even needs to ask him his opinion on it. Disrespectful to a legend from a kid who hasn't even proven he can show up on time for his first crack at an NHL roster spot.

I don't have a problem with it. (I'm obviously biased as an Islanders fan.) Jordan Eberle is going to wear 7. So did Phil Esposito. Nick Leddy wears 2. So did Doug Harvey. Nobody is confusing the two in terms of talent, and Ho - Sang is wearing 66 to honor Mario, not to disrespect him. Imagine this in baseball - they'd just have to get rid of numbers altogether because somebody wore the same number as the best left handed contact hitting right fielder in the AL Central from 1973 to '75.

6 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes, and they weren't received well.

Plus, with the sale of TaylorMade, there goes the RBZ trademark.

Wasn't the FT1 stick supposed to be under the JetSpeed name originally?

1 hour ago, DRR said:

HOT TAKE ALERT  - Honestly, I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers in the first place. If you want to hang a name and number from the rafters to honor the player, (and the number he wore,) then by all means do it. But then to say, no other player can wear that number, begins to conflate two things that aren't really the same (the name and the number). Just my 2 cents.

That's what the Leafs did for years.

Edited by Jamarquan
  • Like 2

I love these practice jerseys. I think the sabres ones look cool, the penguins ones with numbers look awesome and I like how they seem to be available at retail.

2 hours ago, DRR said:

Believe it or not, I actually agree with you haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the_game said:

I agree with you guys 110%. Just like the old center ice ones and the circle makes the logo look smaller and also seems to throw off the centering of logo too. 

And they’re screened. :mellow:

• Facepalm 1