Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

Off topic, but I'll never understand how that beard isn't incredibly uncomfortable.  To each his own and all that, but man I start to itch if I don't shave for a week.  

Edited by shooter27
  • Like 1

Kucherov back in a CCM helmet. No more Bauer endorsement for him, or maybe it's on hiatus during preseason?

CORRECTION: I stand corrected. The video NHL posted on their Facebook was an old clip, Brian Boyle was in it. Sorry bout that 😣

Edited by XS222

24 minutes ago, XS222 said:

Kucherov back in a CCM helmet. No more Bauer endorsement for him, or maybe it's on hiatus during preseason?

wasn't he wearing warrior gloves last season? also, he's in promos for the new 1S line.

Edited by nutters

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Anyone know what kind of socks he's wearing? 

1 hour ago, decoy said:

Burns? It says Swiftwick on them, so I'd say these.

Yep, that's them. I'd probably use those if I ever started skating out again.

I wear Swiftwick Aspire Four socks. Love the thickness, and the upper ankle compression, especially since its double thickness which is nice when you have a short boot like a goalie boot. 

https://www.swiftwick.com/shop/aspire/four-quarter-crew-socks?v=1657 

A couple of things here one the Islanders practice jersey.  I don't mind the Adidas jerseys as long as the logo is contained within the outer circle.  For example, I don't like how Detroit's logo goes into the circle.  Ho Sang is back in normal looking VH/True Skates.  The flashy ones were for an auction for Asiatic Fibrosis.yErynto.jpg

JT using LS Edge holders.  He has been in SB holders since CCM came out with them and prior to that, he was using EPro.  

4wyGDfF.jpg

40 minutes ago, strosedefence34 said:

A couple of things here one the Islanders practice jersey.  I don't mind the Adidas jerseys as long as the logo is contained within the outer circle.  For example, I don't like how Detroit's logo goes into the circle.  Ho Sang is back in normal looking VH/True Skates.  The flashy ones were for an auction for Asiatic Fibrosis.yErynto.jpg

JT using LS Edge holders.  He has been in SB holders since CCM came out with them and prior to that, he was using EPro.  

4wyGDfF.jpg

Looks like a new Tacks skate as well.

Also, the guy on the right talking to Ho Sang (I forgot his name), he has some odd skate lifts... front and back has nearly 1/2" lifts between the blade and boot.  My beer league teammate bought a pair of his skates from the Isles pro shop and I believe they had Custom+ holders on them so it looked even more odd, def an interesting looking set up.

10 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Is that for offset hips or something of that nature?

Could be a leg length discrepency. Matt Barnaby had a similar set up IIRC. 

2 hours ago, gosinger said:

Was the heel-and-toe-lift on only one skate? Otherwise it might have simply been for the added height to decrease turn radius (think LS Edge vs LS 2).

This.  Both skates had them and were the same.  My guess was it was there to make the older holder a bit taller and maybe he just stuck with them when he switched to the Edge holders.  The other interesting thing about his skates was that he had 91 embroidered on the tongue, that was his number in juniors I'm guessing.

Saku Koivu did the same thing with his skates. Significant lift on front and rear. I did 1/8" lifts on my custom MX3's with LS2 holders front and rear to mimic the height of the newer holders from Bauer and CCM. I've loved it since day 1. I feel like I have better lean angle and edge grip with the added height.

Edited by Jason