Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

He actually produced tonight for once so I imagine he'll stick with that twig for now.

Signed,

Disgruntled Drouin Fantasy Owner. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Yes. 

I know you might not be able talk to much about them, but I am going ask anyway. Is Warrior going to a 3 model lineup or is this an update to the Covert line?

Those QR Edge gloves look awesome.  I saw Warrior post about them yesterday as well as about how some of the Warrior guys in the ASG were using each others gloves.  These remind me of my CCM HG12's that I love so I'm really looking fwd to hearing more about them (hopefully Warrior will do another Full Circle podcast soon to discuss the new Edge line).

16 hours ago, chocks86 said:

I know you might not be able talk to much about them, but I am going ask anyway. Is Warrior going to a 3 model lineup or is this an update to the Covert line?

It's the new Covert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JR Boucicaut said:

It's the new Covert.

Outstanding, can't wait to see them in the store and get my hands on them, or them on my hands. I really don't need another pair of gloves though, as my current Warriors are in perfectly good shape. But if they are going to be available to customize, I might have to make an exception. 

39 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Don't you think that if I didn't say what they were, that it didn't gave you the right to?

Hey JR can you expand on this? i'm a newb anyway so i doubt i would ever be in this situation. 

That being said, why didn't he have the right to?  is he someone that should know but better? is it suppose to be common knowledge not to say anything? i just want to make sure i don't make a mistake in the future.

Thanks,

Not to speak for JR but- 

Its about respecting the manufacturer's desired launch and information release timelines. MSH has good relationships with manufacturers and has strived to maintain that over the years. Going against their wishes on this front is one way to strain said relationship and lose manufacturer trust as one of their "insiders".

Let the other, less legitimate sites leak information at their own peril. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, Cavs!  But then again, those "less legitimate sites" live in the shadows of anonymity; I had 3 conference calls with brand product managers last week alone.  We work hand-in-hand to get you all the correct information on product when the time is right to speak on them.  This protects their marketing efforts as well as their retail partners.

As I've said in the past, chances are MSH won't be first, but MSH certainly will be clear, concise and correct.

Yeah, this seems to come up whenever there's a new product. I confirmed what it was; didn't give names or details.  But the whole point is, I posted before him and didn't give out the name.  That should've been interpreted as in there's a reason why I didn't.

Warrior ended up tweeting out the name yesterday.  The plan was for it to be shown at the ASG.

• Like 1

To put it simply, JR is Mr. Wolf and the rest of us are Jules and Vincent...............

The Wolf: Now boys, listen up. We're going to a place called Monster Joe's Truck and Tow. I'll drive the tainted car. Jules, you ride with me. Vincent, you follow in my Acura. We run across the path of any John Q. Laws, nobody does a fucking thing unless I do it first. What did I just say?

Jules: Don't do shit unless.

The Wolf: Unless what?

Jules: Unless you do it first.

• Like 3

Howdy,

2 hours ago, chocks86 said:

Outstanding, can't wait to see them in the store and get my hands on them, or them on my hands. I really don't need another pair of gloves though, as my current Warriors are in perfectly good shape. But if they are going to be available to customize, I might have to make an exception. 

Yeah.  I REALLY like the Covert QRL's and have a new pair waiting for me to decide I want to start using them over my current pair, but I'm still interested to see what direction they went with the new version.  Hope they kept the snug fit / cuff!  That palm from the Alpha felt pretty darn good... :-)

Mark

Edited by marka

1 hour ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Thanks, Cavs!  But then again, those "less legitimate sites" live in the shadows of anonymity; I had 3 conference calls with brand product managers last week alone.  We work hand-in-hand to get you all the correct information on product when the time is right to speak on them.  This protects their marketing efforts as well as their retail partners.

As I've said in the past, chances are MSH won't be first, but MSH certainly will be clear, concise and correct.

Yeah, this seems to come up whenever there's a new product. I confirmed what it was; didn't give names or details.  But the whole point is, I posted before him and didn't give out the name.  That should've been interpreted as in there's a reason why I didn't.

Warrior ended up tweeting out the name yesterday.  The plan was for it to be shown at the ASG.

Sorry I didn’t realize  we got so offended over this here. It’s was on  reddit. Right or wrong no need for the condescending comment. 

I saw that Reddit post, too, by a guy who's also a member on here no less. Warrior's hand will likely be forced to officially announce the QR Edge stick details sooner than they would have liked because of guys like that who just want to be able to claim they were the first to scoop the new line when anyone who went to Winterfest has known about it for almost 2 months and kept quiet.

Edited by GoalForFun

48 minutes ago, Oilers97 said:

Sorry I didn’t realize  we got so offended over this here. It’s was on  reddit. Right or wrong no need for the condescending comment. 

Just accept it as a teaching moment and move on. Remember, tone is not easily communicated in the written word.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, GoalForFun said:

I saw that Reddit post, too, by a guy who's also a member on here no less. Warrior's hand will likely be forced to officially announce the QR Edge stick details sooner than they would have liked because of guys like that who just want to be able to claim they were the first to scoop the new line when anyone who went to Winterfest has known about it for almost 2 months and kept quiet.

Never understood why people feel the need to do stuff like that. MSH is given access that most aren't for a reason. People like that shouldn't be on this forum for they leave the possibility of ruining it for the rest of us. Or at least limit/restrict that exclusive access MSH gets. 

Edited by 215BroadStBullies610

On 1/29/2018 at 12:56 PM, JR Boucicaut said:

The full and real story will be at ModSquad. 

Catalog pages and catalog copy can be posted elsewhere, but you'll get the story on the product and opportunity to ask questions HERE, and only here.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2