Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nutters

2017-2018 Gear Sightings

More anecdotal but nearly all of the Jackets CCM stick users have switched to the new JetSpeed stick in recent weeks (Atkinson, Panarin, Wennberg, Jenner). The notable exception is Seth Jones who is still using a Super Tacks 2.0

On 3/5/2018 at 1:11 AM, 218hockey said:

I just looked at all of the new Supreme and Nexus sticks, skates and protective in the Bauer catalog.

If you don't work in an LHS you don't have access to the catalogs beforehand.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

If you don't work in an LHS you don't have access to the catalogs beforehand.

Before what? If the catalogs are in stores, the product is right behind. That's no secret.

Don't know what to tell you, I've seen it.

Edited by 218hockey

Especially since those retailers got their catalogues in October.

Nobody's doubting you saw the catalogue - it's obvious whatever LHS you frequent, they put them out early.  

But judging by Bauer not marketing the skates and nothing official on trusted social media outlets, it's not being discussed.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm just interested in the LS5 runners and want to know when the current Supreme skates will hit the sale rack. That's actually why I was excited to see the new stuff. No other motives!

I'm suprised at how often he switches gloves. Besides Malkin I can't think on an elite player like that switching to the new model relatively quickly.

10 hours ago, nutters said:

Karlsson using the new Warrior gloves that he was wearing during the ASG, but in Sens colors.

This shows where my head is at, but all I can see is the shiny new QR Edge stick. :p

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, puckpilot said:

This shows where my head is at, but all I can see is the shiny new QR Edge stick. :p

I was looking to see if he changed moustache wax.  :35_thinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ParabolicActivity said:

What stick is JT Miller using? It doesn't have the same shape as an RX2 like it is dressed as.

Probably an old Rx or Stallion HPR dressed as a Rx 2. No way some of these guys try something different.

Companies have started promoting the Jetspeed stick line. The second from the top will also go with Pro (like the ribcor line) followed by the 370 and 350

9 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

How long has Atkinson been in branded “Verbero” mitts? Just noticed them in some game action tonight. 

566E2D54-AFFD-409C-8AA3-706D99851AD4.png

I noticed Connor Carrick wearing them a few weeks ago too. I’m curious what about them would lure a player in. I can’t imagine they’re paying more than the big boys.

Not everyone pays...and almost everyone doesn’t get paid.

It usually boils down to relationships and confidence in the product.  When a player jumps ship to another brand, it’s usually not monetary.

• Like 1

I wonder how much the logo fee is for gloves. I can't imagine Verbero is a bigger company than Sher-Wood yet the former is comfortable paying the money for their logo to be visible on gloves.

Has nothing to do with company size and everything to do with what the exposure may do for them. 

Verbero is a newer company that is now pushing for a retail presence. Makes more sense ponying up the fee rather than Sher-Wood. 

4 hours ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Not everyone pays...and almost everyone doesn’t get paid.

It usually boils down to relationships and confidence in the product.  When a player jumps ship to another brand, it’s usually not monetary.

That’s exactly what I meant. If it’s not monetary then it must be the product itself. So I’m curious what they liked about verbero over the other brands. Fit, comfort, protection, or what.

22 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

How long has Atkinson been in branded “Verbero” mitts? Just noticed them in some game action tonight. 

566E2D54-AFFD-409C-8AA3-706D99851AD4.png

Since after the All-Star Weekend (first week of Feb). Panarin became CCM guy a couple of weeks after that.

Edited by Kgbeast