Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan 9 From Outer Space

New Era of Adidas Jerseys Begins

Hey Dapper Danglers!

Cause for celebration! The NHL is finished with the fart flap!

Yes! With the arrival of the Summer Solstice of 2017 the NHL has finally put an end to the Reebok Edge and begins a new, seven year era of Adidas jerseys with the release of all new home sweaters and the majority of road whites just prior to the expansion draft. The remainder of the road whites will be introduced at or before each team's Entry Draft Party on the 23rd with more sneak preview photos likely before Friday.

At last, the butt bib has been obliterated and I can seriously consider buying a contemporary jersey again.

No radically new elements to get enthused or mad about in the new look and the new neck line carried over from the World Cup jerseys might take a little getting used to but no major mistakes either. Some teams did a great job adapting to the new Adizero fabric template, others didn't put much effort into it (lookin’ at you Blackhawks) and some teams made choices I don't care for  but just the fact that all teams have eliminated the worst design element ever to be incorporated into an NHL jersey means the overall effect is a big improvement so I consider the new look to be a winner.

Three cheers for the next seven years of stick-handling in style and the demise of the diaper line!

The Mighty Favog has spoken.

DCz5SM_VYAAtVf4.jpg:large

What's with the bold text? 

And there are some big mistakes with predators and devils.

Why would the blackhawks ruin anything? Stay with classic and greatness.

The slow rolling fog has spoken.

Fixed the text.

I must not know other teams' jerseys all that well. What's wrong with the Predators and Devils? 

Personally I'm happy at how little change there actually is. 

All the new jerseys except for Vegas look like t-shirts. 

Except for Colorado, but they should have gone back to Rockies colors if they could.

Yea jerseys look odd without a collar. I'm sure its actually better functionally for the players to not have them, but they look weird. 

1 hour ago, chippa13 said:

I'm just happy the shirt tail is finally gone.

I'm more concerned that the fake laces are still around (I'm looking at you, Ducks et al).

1 hour ago, clarkiestooth said:

I'm more concerned that the fake laces are still around (I'm looking at you, Ducks et al).

At least they arent printed on like the olympic jerseys... 

On 6/21/2017 at 7:43 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Fixed the text.

I must not know other teams' jerseys all that well. What's wrong with the Predators and Devils? 

Personally I'm happy at how little change there actually is. 

Preds lost the navy piping near the shoulders and some white piping that gave it more form, Devils did away with the waist stripe.

The only ones I really dislike are the Knights and the Preds. The Vegas gloves will look cool with their whites, but awful with the darks.

Glad the Avs moved back to their classic 90s look.

For whoever mentioned the Rockies colors... red, yellow, and blue, in their pure hues, is a pretty bad design choice. Too many contrasts going on.

14 hours ago, kovalchuk71 said:

They jazzed up Carolinas jerseys a bit, which I like a lot. The other ones were so freakin' plain.

Yea they actually did a good job, especially on the home reds. The gloves make the look even better. 

1JxfT13.jpg

My only real complaint is that with the lack of actual collar they put some weird areas beside the collar that look a bit awkward. 

j5v4ZWx.jpg

The laces are ridiculously bad haha. Worse thank the Nike Flywire laces, but I didn't really have a problem with those because they were basically a shiny thing and didn't stick out as much.

Had on on Saturday at the Draft.  These new ones really are not to my liking.  The shoulders have a different cut and the material has different weaves than the reebok jerseys...BUT the biggest fail is that collar...

whoa is that thing bad...then...THEN... they totally screw the pooch.  They have the tie-up and it is below the alien collar, so it is all looks and it looks absolutely stupid IMO.

Also note that the stripe bands in the sleeves appear wider on many teams than in the past (more goofy looking IMO) and finally the Florida Panther jersey has the Montreal-esque center strip across the chest...but turn around and it IS NOT on the backside of the Jersey (just more craziness).

IMO Adidas fumbled the ball AND the NHL stood by and let it happen

1 hour ago, hawkeyfan said:

Had on on Saturday at the Draft.  These new ones really are not to my liking.  The shoulders have a different cut and the material has different weaves than the reebok jerseys...BUT the biggest fail is that collar...

whoa is that thing bad...then...THEN... they totally screw the pooch.  They have the tie-up and it is below the alien collar, so it is all looks and it looks absolutely stupid IMO.

Also note that the stripe bands in the sleeves appear wider on many teams than in the past (more goofy looking IMO) and finally the Florida Panther jersey has the Montreal-esque center strip across the chest...but turn around and it IS NOT on the backside of the Jersey (just more craziness).

IMO Adidas fumbled the ball AND the NHL stood by and let it happen

That Florida jersey was like that last year and was always part of the design. It isn't an Adidas thing.

5 hours ago, Hills said:

That Florida jersey was like that last year and was always part of the design. It isn't an Adidas thing.

well they should have said ...this is crazy!!!  it started with the Buffalo jersey concept of having a different front than back...it's crazy stuff, but it someone thinks its good...good for them...I'll pass.  Not that I am gonna go out and by a FLA jersey anyways... but if I was younger and had more disposible income...I might...

My kids have had FLA jerseys and Coyote jerseys, Predator shirts and the such...When the hawks had their low years...you just liked the idea of Hockey in general.  I own/owned Avalanche, stars, senators jerseys...basically liked something and love the game of hockey.

Now though...I dont want to waste anymore money than I need too...so it only Chicago or Chicago colors