Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
sparky1

Sherwood BPM 150/120 sticks - anyone have experience?

As the title says, has anyone used the sherwood BPM 150/120 line of sticks?

I am thinking about picking on up since I loved my EK60, but was curious if anyone has been able to find the BPM 120 stick anywhere?

I am interested in that one since it looks like it comes in a 63-64" length from the manufacturer, so no need for a plug.

Hey,

I have 2 BPM 150's (85 flex, PP88).  My local Hockey Monkey had them on clearance, so I picked up 2 of them as well as an EK60 for 149.00 each.  I have yet to use the EK60, so I can only compare to my EK15.  I haven't seen a BPM 120 at retail yet.  Also, this is only after about 3 games with the stick, so please don't consider it a LTR, or really all that in depth.

First thing I noticed in warm ups was that its super stiff for an 85 flex stick.  Even with varying degrees of what an 85 "should" somewhat feel like, the BPM is incredibly stiff.  I thought it was stiff in store, hence why I got an 85 flex, as opposed to a 95 (which is what I generally get in True, Bauer, and previous Sherwoods). I am actually considering taking the unused 85 Flex BPM 150 and possibly swapping it out for a 75 flex if they have any left.  That's how much stiffer this stick felt than what I am generally looking for.

Once I got over the stiffness, and realizing I was really going to have to lean in, and put some added weight and muscle into my shots, its pretty standard Sherwood fare. The stick is light, well balanced (better than my EK15, which due to it being a featherweight, I always thought was a tad blade heavy), and shots come off crisp and hard.  Puck feel is great, which is something I always expect from a Sherwood.

So far, so good.  Its very early in the sticks life.  I like it so far.  I don't love it yet, but it may grow more on me, and its certainly a quality stick(sticks I have loved right off the bat recently- True a5.2, True a6.0, Nexus 1N).

As far as the stick length goes.  Both sticks needed about an inch cut off to get to my preferred height (which is generally whatever height higher end retail Bauer sticks come in at). As well as about another 1/2" to compensate for the higher lie than I was used to.  However, my BPM's certainly weren't even close to 63".  I know Sherwood has offered 63" models in the past.  I just know mine were not that tall.  Also, the stick doesn't have the "Flex Free Zone" label on it.  That's not to say it isn't incorporated, its just not labeled like EK15 and EK60.

• Like 1

Wow, $150 at HM retail, I wonder if the new Total/Pure Hockey store near me will offer some sort of deal like that.

even at $200 seems really good.

Thanks for the info on the extra stiffness though! I typically go for a 95 flex in CCM/TRUE and it seems to work out very well for me, but I add ~2-3" to it with a plug if it is a 60" stick.

Great sticks for what it is worth, if anyone still cares.

The bpm120 is rare at retail level (because of the length I believe) but the Junior leagues love them as they are more durable than the bpm150 and come with a whooping 4 inch extra, so the tall kids do not an extension. I have used 3 so far, great sticks overall, great durability, very very well balanced, the bpm120 is only 470 grams with the extra 4 inch, taped up and cut they come at ~440 grams for me (feels better balanced than my Bauer and CCM sticks which are lighter). 

I have cut mine no less than 6-7 inches, does not feel any stiffer than Bauers that I cut 2-3 inches, I would say they are right at 85 mark as is (pic below for reference). It is a shame they did not keep the 4 inch FFZ below the 60 inch mark too like the EK60 for example.  Sher-Wood please incorporate the FFZ on all of your sticks !!!

20180417_144135.jpg