Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lmooney19

Looking for a solid home net setup

Hey guys.  Moving into a new house this week with a lot more space and a solid driveway.  I was looking for suggestions for a solid net setup, preferably with the surrounding nets so if i miss im still good.  Also looking for suggestions for a good material to shoot off of so i dont ruin the stick.

Thanks

I've had luck searching local Craigslist. It depends on your location and timeline, of course, but I've seen rink-quality goals come up for sale from time to time. Saves shipping costs on a heavy item for sure. 

Have Amazon Prime, so as long as i can get it on there i should be good.  Just want to make sure durability is good. I want to be shooting orange weighted pucks to get some strength on my snaps.

ezgoal nets are great i got one they're fantastic, winnwell has a separate backstop addon you can buy too that looks a quite a bit larger. one of those, a shooting pad, you're set.

I have an ezgoal and it works great. Leave it outside year round and have no durability issues in 2 years of owning it. I use the net 2-3 times a week to give you an idea. I would recommend the net to anyone and for the price I don't think you'll find a better net. 

I had the ezgoal net, it got crazy dented and bent out of shape in a year from wrist and snap shots.

I would rig something up with some scaffolding steel and netting. My goal net setup I got from CostCo (which is an EZGoal as well I believe), is pretty much dented. Once it breaks, I'll probably just rig something up with that, paint it red and good to go!

1 hour ago, JSK81 said:

I had the ezgoal net, it got crazy dented and bent out of shape in a year from wrist and snap shots.

Stop shooting so hard. 

In my opinion, the better hockey nets are the best nets out there.  The net is made out of really high quality and the backstops tend to be a little bit bigger than the ones you see with ez goal, allowing for more room for you to miss an not have to worry about damage or pick up pucks.  The price is solid to.  I've also used a winnwell net and hockey Canada net but I found they were both absolute garbage and feel apart extremely easily/quickly.  However, I've heard a lot of good things about ez goal but I have never actually used one, so I can offer no comparison. But in my situation (shootin around 300-1000 pucks a day) the better hockey net has worked extremely well! I hope this helps!