Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Bauer 3D Skate Lab

Just now, g3k said:

Is there one at the discount hockey superstore in Woodland Hills?

Yes, that would be the one north of LA,. South of LA is in El Segundo.

7 hours ago, dkmiller3356 said:

No surprise but nothing on Long Island.  3.2 million residents yet LI continues to be the black hole of hockey knowledge.

I do believe the Pure Hockey in Carle Place, NY will be receiving one, if they haven't already. My store in Cherry Hill, NJ had a delay with ours arriving, but that's also partially due to our in-house internet.

11 hours ago, EBondo said:

I do believe the Pure Hockey in Carle Place, NY will be receiving one, if they haven't already. My store in Cherry Hill, NJ had a delay with ours arriving, but that's also partially due to our in-house internet.

That's what I was told. I'll check it out. There is other inaccurate info in Bauer website too. Some of those store names are inaccurate. And it's not a d/b/a thing. I know who owns them and it's not what they have up. 

I'll have to try this out next time I go back to the DC Area. I'll be interested to see what fit is best as its been a few years since I last bought skates

On 7/16/2017 at 0:10 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

No surprise but nothing on Long Island.  3.2 million residents yet LI continues to be the black hole of hockey knowledge.

Bro you can leave the island every now and again.

Not that my LI family every leaves the island either

1 hour ago, cjpritch said:

I'll have to try this out next time I go back to the DC Area. I'll be interested to see what fit is best as its been a few years since I last bought skates

Maryland Hockey Supply in Laurel Md has it just north of the city.

Yep we have one of their locations down here in Hampton Roads but only the main location in Laurel has the machine

4 hours ago, Jgscenter said:

Bro you can leave the island every now and again.

Not that my LI family every leaves the island either

lol...  I leave all the time.  travel quite a bit.

My understanding is dealers had to purchase the Fit Lab. Certainly only qualified high volume $$ dealers were given the opportunity to purchase the Fit Lab. Connect the dots if you are looking for one in your area.

8 minutes ago, DarkStar50 said:

My understanding is dealers had to purchase the Fit Lab. Certainly only qualified high volume $$ dealers were given the opportunity to purchase the Fit Lab. Connect the dots if you are looking for one in your area.

What exactly are those dots connecting?

Simple : don't look for the LHS to have one. Look for the big box or dealer with high volume $$$ invested in Bauer product across all skate lines. This answers why Miller couldn't find one on LI except for the big box store about to get one delivered.

Well, in the Toronto area it looks like the big box retailers like Pro Hockey Life will not have them (at least not yet) and they will be at the smaller shops like Majer, Just Hockey and Duke's. Those stores are already known to have knowledgeable fitters; so this will only enhance that for them.

8 hours ago, althoma1 said:

Well, in the Toronto area it looks like the big box retailers like Pro Hockey Life will not have them (at least not yet) and they will be at the smaller shops like Majer, Just Hockey and Duke's. Those stores are already known to have knowledgeable fitters; so this will only enhance that for them.

We all know the center of the hockey universe is special !!

Those shops have the volume and traffic to support the expense.

Completely different retail hockey landscape than the majority of hockey hotbeds in the US these days. Lots of shuttered doors in USA LHS over the last decade. Story for another day.

11 hours ago, althoma1 said:

Pro Hockey Life will be getting them as well.

2 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

Completely different retail hockey landscape than the majority of hockey hotbeds in the US these days. Lots of shuttered doors in USA LHS over the last decade. Story for another day.

It's weird how that story comes up in every Bauer thread...

9 hours ago, 218hockey said:

You'd think the flagship Own The Moment store would have this. 

I called the Massachusetts "Own The Moment" Bauer store and they said they have the 3D Skate Lab.

4 hours ago, DarkStar50 said:

Maybe it's more accurate to say Canada or Ontario rather than just Toronto. According to the store locator, the mid-sized city of London, ON where I was born will only have one and it'll be at the Source for Sports. There is a big box Perani's, a National Sports and several Sport Chek locations in London and none of those are listed yet. Another shop listed in Ontario is Al's Sports in Burlington; I haven't been there, but it certainly doesn't sound like a big box location.

Ontario is definitely more hockey mad than most places, but right now the store locator on the Bauer site lists the skate icon by more small shops than big box stores. That may of course change sooner or later. I definitely see how it wouldn't be affordable for a small place without a lot of traffic to bring in the machine.

1 hour ago, Hills said:

Pro Hockey Life will be getting them as well.

They don't have the skate icon beside them on the Bauer site, but perhaps the locator just needs to be updated. The machine wasn't at the Mississauga Pro Hockey Life when I stopped by on Friday afternoon. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they got them in and for the consumer that's a good thing; the more places that have them the better.

36 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

They don't have the skate icon beside them on the Bauer site, but perhaps the locator just needs to be updated. The machine wasn't at the Mississauga Pro Hockey Life when I stopped by on Friday afternoon. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they got them in and for the consumer that's a good thing; the more places that have them the better.

I think this is the case, the store names for my area seem to be dated or they aren't in business anymore and the PIA have old addresses listed 

2 hours ago, althoma1 said:

Maybe it's more accurate to say Canada or Ontario rather than just Toronto. According to the store locator, the mid-sized city of London, ON where I was born will only have one and it'll be at the Source for Sports. There is a big box Perani's, a National Sports and several Sport Chek locations in London and none of those are listed yet. Another shop listed in Ontario is Al's Sports in Burlington; I haven't been there, but it certainly doesn't sound like a big box location.

Ontario is definitely more hockey mad than most places, but right now the store locator on the Bauer site lists the skate icon by more small shops than big box stores. That may of course change sooner or later. I definitely see how it wouldn't be affordable for a small place without a lot of traffic to bring in the machine.

They aren't updated. My localish one has the wiring in place for it. Evidently some time in August.

8 hours ago, qmechanic said:

I called the Massachusetts "Own The Moment" Bauer store and they said they have the 3D Skate Lab.

I was in the Bloomington store last Saturday, maybe I missed it.

On 7/17/2017 at 9:30 PM, DarkStar50 said:

Simple : don't look for the LHS to have one. Look for the big box or dealer with high volume $$$ invested in Bauer product across all skate lines. This answers why Miller couldn't find one on LI except for the big box store about to get one delivered.

And unless it's significantly busier than I thought, South Windsor, CT is getting one. Certainly wouldn't seem to have the money to get a 3D skate lab by your reasoning. Again, I could be way off base.

Peranis has one in my town, I guess they are kind of a big box store but I've never been to a peranis and had the feeling of stepping into a Wal-Mart of hockey gear, lol.  

Has anyone else has used this? I tested it out today and it suggested my current skate but a half size smaller then what I am currently in, was curious if anyone had success with the machine?

1 hour ago, hollowicked said:

Has anyone else has used this? I tested it out today and it suggested my current skate but a half size smaller then what I am currently in, was curious if anyone had success with the machine?

Many people it seems. JR has said the one in his store is bang on. 

I’ve been on it 3 times, once while it was still under development, I sort of disregard those results. It’s pretty good when it comes to overall length, so a half size down doesn’t surprise me.

It’s a nice tool, especially when used by someone who’s already adept at skate fitting.