Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Bauer 3D Skate Lab

3 hours ago, hollowicked said:

Has anyone else has used this? I tested it out today and it suggested my current skate but a half size smaller then what I am currently in, was curious if anyone had success with the machine?

Tried it out at my local big box retailer. I didn't tell the shop attendant what skate I used. The machine told me Supreme boot 6.5EE. I wear an NXG Pro 6.5EE.

Bang on. Though they told me that I was the first person that the machine sized correctly. I wonder if my wearing compression socks had anything to do with it.

IMHO this machine will not be accurate 100% of the time, simply because Bauer is not consistent in their sizing.  People can tell me they use the same last, but there are still differences.

The machine tells me 7.5D Supreme, (I've been scanned 3 times, barefoot, knees slightly bent, just as JR has instructed).  Actual results when trying on different Supreme models in 7.5D?  190 is perfect length, volume a little too low.  MX3, can't even get my foot in without some pain, so forget lacing them up.  1S, same as 190.  S180, similar to MX3, but less severe.  I've had similar results with the Vapor line.

I suspect that it's the different foams, etc causing the issue, and that a bake may reduce or eliminate the discrepancy.  Problem is, the vast majority of stores will not let you bake before buying.

I know I have difficult to fit feet, but I shouldn't put one model on and not touch the toecap, while in another model in the same line my toes are squished.

Rant over.

Differences in the skates make up may cause your foot to sit differently in the boot. For example, if your heel is too big for a Vapor you won’t be able kick your heel back, which would make the skate seem smaller length wise.

found size 6D 1S’s & 6D 1X’s to be on par with my 6D Nexus 8000. That’s the old 2015 Nexus. Same was true for 5.5D 1S and 5.5D 1X.

42 minutes ago, stick9 said:

Differences in the skates make up may cause your foot to sit differently in the boot. For example, if your heel is too big for a Vapor you won’t be able kick your heel back, which would make the skate seem smaller length wise.

found size 6D 1S’s & 6D 1X’s to be on par with my 6D Nexus 8000. That’s the old 2015 Nexus. Same was true for 5.5D 1S and 5.5D 1X.

Agreed.  My issue is that the same size in two different models in the Supreme line fit very differently.  For me one is relatively close to a good fit, while the other is not even close. 

I'd LOVE to see what this machine would recommend for my feet!

For clarity i should say, I'm US 14 In Trainers but narrow. Having owned Graf Oversized 705 and Vapor X90's in a 12, I can say with certainty that they sure as heck don't fit.

Currently In VH/True and don't see that changing... EVER.

5 hours ago, greyskull said:

I'd LOVE to see what this machine would recommend for my feet!

For clarity i should say, I'm US 14 In Trainers but narrow. Having owned Graf Oversized 705 and Vapor X90's in a 12, I can say with certainty that they sure as heck don't fit.

Currently In VH/True and don't see that changing... EVER.

I'd like to try it also just to see what it comes up with, knowing that I've never been able to skate pain-free until I got Makos (now in VH)