Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlird808

Inline Skates with Similar Fit to Bauer Nexus?

Bauer Nexus are the best fitting skates for my feet that I have found so far. I also want to get back into inline though, and am wondering what inlines to grab. 

I bought some used Missions in E, too narrow. I then bought the Tour Code 3's in D as they're supposed to be WIDE skates. They're ok, but the arch is stiill digging into the insides of my feet. Maybe get them punched?

I've read that CCM Tacks are similar to Nexus shapes. I think I might need EE's too though, and those have been hard to find in the Tacks line in 

Any other brands/skates to check out?

THANKS!

The Verbero Vortex line is definitely worth a look. The original Vortex skate was wide like the Nexus, but shallower. The Vortex II is also wide, but they added more depth than the originals; so the Vortex II would be similar to the Nexus. 

The Alkali RPE line is their wide fit line (the RPE Zenith+ is the top model in that line); so that's another option.

Iv had the same issue. Ended up going for 1n and converted them. Like above said the rpe line are wider. what im looking at next but yet to try them

Thanks for recommendations!

I cant seem to find the Verbero Vertex II online...only the original VV and it's sold out in my size.

I'm considering the Alkali's, but are they pitched forward though? I dont think Ive ever even tried skates that pitch forward...wasnt sure if I'd like em.

And, any idea which are wider Alkali or Tour?

THX AGAIN!

I see that the Vortex II seems to be gone from the Verbero site and that most of the Vortex inline skates are sold out, however; they do have most sizes in just the boots for a very good price if you want to do a conversion. Most hockey shops charge about $30 to mount an inline holder. 

You could get the holder, wheels, bearings and spacers of your choice separately. I've been doing this for years - I prefer the Sprung chassis to a flat chassis as it allows you to have a bit more of an ice like stride with the toe kick. Others on the board like the Marsblade chassis and sometime this year the Fizix chassis that's supposed to be the evolution of the Sprungs should be released. You could of course go with a more traditional Hi Lo or all 80mm chassis as well. 

A custom conversion also allows you to choose your wheels. Most companies ship out their high end inline skates with soft wheels meant for players sub 170lbs - this works for some, but if you're a heavier guy like me you'd end up having to replace those anyways.

You could do the conversion with a pair of Verbero boots or, like psulion22 suggested, you could have the conversion done with a pair of Nexus skates. 

I have never worn Tour skates and have only tried on the older Alkali's briefly so I really can't say which skates are wider. I do know the RPE line is wider than the RPD line in the Alkali skates. There's a big thread on Alkali skates on the site that has thoughts from people that own various models. 

On 7/19/2017 at 6:11 PM, althoma1 said:

I see that the Vortex II seems to be gone from the Verbero site and that most of the Vortex inline skates are sold out, however; they do have most sizes in just the boots for a very good price if you want to do a conversion. Most hockey shops charge about $30 to mount an inline holder. 

You could get the holder, wheels, bearings and spacers of your choice separately. I've been doing this for years - I prefer the Sprung chassis to a flat chassis as it allows you to have a bit more of an ice like stride with the toe kick. Others on the board like the Marsblade chassis and sometime this year the Fizix chassis that's supposed to be the evolution of the Sprungs should be released. You could of course go with a more traditional Hi Lo or all 80mm chassis as well. 

A custom conversion also allows you to choose your wheels. Most companies ship out their high end inline skates with soft wheels meant for players sub 170lbs - this works for some, but if you're a heavier guy like me you'd end up having to replace those anyways.

You could do the conversion with a pair of Verbero boots or, like psulion22 suggested, you could have the conversion done with a pair of Nexus skates. 

I have never worn Tour skates and have only tried on the older Alkali's briefly so I really can't say which skates are wider. I do know the RPE line is wider than the RPD line in the Alkali skates. There's a big thread on Alkali skates on the site that has thoughts from people that own various models. 

Wow thanks for this!

Is there a place where I can get a rundown on all the different chassis types? I'm pretty new to this...I like that "more of an ice like stride" idea of the Sprung chassis, but would love to educate myself on all of the available choices. I'm over 170lbs too...didnt even think about how stock wheels might not be meant for me.

My local ice rink says they cannot do the mounting anymore, but waiting to hear back from the local inline rink.

THX AGAIN!

You can really learn about all the chassis types here in threads on this site. There are more than the ones I've listed below, but if you read through these threads most, if not all, your questions should be answered. Some are very long threads, but there is a lot of good information in them.