Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JONES199

Supreme Skate Stiffness

Assist with Supreme stiffness please. 15yr old (130lbs) AA player,  I have always been a foolish dad and sucker for good deal, so would always buy previous yrs top of the line, knowing they are probably too stiff, but sold on perceived performance. I have bought him S190 for a great deal, but now looking at the S29 for the same price. (Throw on some better steel)

Starting to think increased flex would be better for his game (should have done this at 12 more than 15). He says he likes stiff skates(Jetspeed,One100 previous) but he has used X90 as his ODR skates and had positive things to say.

Anyone had same experience, dropped down the to the lower flex and results?

Thanks

6 hours ago, tro said:

Assist with Supreme stiffness please. 15yr old (130lbs) AA player,  I have always been a foolish dad and sucker for good deal, so would always buy previous yrs top of the line, knowing they are probably too stiff, but sold on perceived performance. I have bought him S190 for a great deal, but now looking at the S29 for the same price. (Throw on some better steel)

Starting to think increased flex would be better for his game (should have done this at 12 more than 15). He says he likes stiff skates(Jetspeed,One100 previous) but he has used X90 as his ODR skates and had positive things to say.

Thanks

He can stay in a stiff skate and get more forward flex if he drops an eyelet or 2. Then if he really wants to work on his skating, at practice keep dropping eyelets until he can skate well with his laces undone. This, more than any boot you will ever put on his feet, will make him skate better. 

8 hours ago, tro said:

Thanks

This issue with dropping down is you increase sideways flexion. To much of that causes the boot to touch the ice on hard turns and lose power on hard take offs. I have a video on a different lacing technique along with a forward pirch qill in crease flexion and maintain power and stability for a better performing skater.