Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pix530

Easton E700 helmet - help please

Beloved E700 is broken...Need new one. E700 Adult Medium gold color...

Please...I have no other options...If you have one or know where to buy let me know here or PM...

Thank you...

I had a hard time finding a replacement white one for my son and a replacement black one for me. I had to get his off of prostockhockey.com. He was penalized because it didn't have ear flaps (I didn't even think about the fact that a prostock helmet would not have ear flaps). And I had to get mine in flat black (ugly) because that is all that was left. That was over a year ago. A year later combined with the fact that you want gold, I suspect you might be out of luck. I don't understand why someone else doesn't come up with a helmet that light and ventilated. Maybe it sacrificed protection for those features?

Thank you for reply. I have really hard time trying to find helmet.

I don't understand why they stop making such a great product. Tried all kind of Bauer - all doesn't fit well.

R11K fits ok, not in production, much worse compare to E700. New CCM Resistance doesn't fit. Eh...

Warrior - have it in black, they dont make any gold color helmets. At all.

Currently I have Warrior black, R11K navy, Bauer 7500 white. None is even close to Easton.

I've seen some medium E700s on Kijiji in Canada as well as on the Sport Chek site, but definitely not in Gold. The standard gloss colours were white, black, navy, royal and red. Gold is a special order colour so you'll be very hard pressed to find that one.

As for new helmets that might fit, here are a few you could try:

Bauer IMS 7.0 (based on the Cascade M11)

Bauer IMS 11.0 (based on the M11 Pro)

CCM Fitlite 3DS

I have an E700 and it fits well - those are 3 helmets that also fit me well (each head is different of course, but you didn't list those helmets as ones you've tried on; so it's worth trying those), but none of them are as light as the E700. The Fitlite 3DS will be the closest, but it's also the most expensive model.

I ll check SportsCheck, thx.

Gold is standard color. Not a special order. Some helmets got standard 3 colors, some like 20 or so.

Currently in gold are:

IMS 9, 11, ReAKT and ReAkt 100, CCM Resistance - tried them all when bought E700. Didnt fit well.

Fitlite is not in gold.

Maybe you're right and gold was a standard colour. I just know I have never seen it at a store in that colour and the only options Sport Chek has online in gloss are white, black, navy, royal and red. Gold just seems to be pretty rare (along with silver, purple, and green - the only place I remember seeing any of those colours is hockey monkey online and they've long since sold out of the medium and large sizes). The ones I've seen on Kijiji have been white, black or matte.

22 hours ago, AfftonDad said:

I don't understand why someone else doesn't come up with a helmet that light and ventilated. Maybe it sacrificed protection for those features?

I've never used the e700 but I love a light and especially a ventilated helmet. Maybe overlooked a lot because they are marketed for roller hockey, but Mission's Inhaler helmets are very well ventilated and certified for ice. I'm happy with mine.

A good alternative if weight and ventilation are high priority.

I've always thought the inhaler looked nice, however; I've only ever seen it online and never in a store. Without being able to try it on I don't know how it fits...and I live in an area with A LOT of hockey stores. Maybe it's more readily available to try on in other areas, but not being able to try it on is the reason I've never considered buying the helmet. I know some e-tailers in the US offer free return shipping within the US, but that doesn't apply to items shipped to Canada and the only Canadian sites that carry/carried the Inhaler do not have free returns.

If it's available to the OP to try on locally (or they can pick one up from somewhere that offers free return shipping if it doesn't fit), the inhaler is of course worth trying.

I have a brand new glossy black Small E700 if anyone is interested.  Super hard to find in glossy black, came from the Stars organization.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, althoma1 said:

I've always thought the inhaler looked nice, however; I've only ever seen it online and never in a store. Without being able to try it on I don't know how it fits...and I live in an area with A LOT of hockey stores. Maybe it's more readily available to try on in other areas, but not being able to try it on is the reason I've never considered buying the helmet. 

Yeah, that's a problem. I happened to have come by an old Itech HC15 as part of a cheap set of used gear i picked up when I got back into hockey. I liked it but the padding was pretty done for. So I picked up a Reebok 6k which was fine but sooooooo hot. Found a Mission Intake on clearance when I found out it was the successor to the HC 15. And the Inhaler is the child of the Intake, so I got that next. So I licked into being confident it would fit me.well, plus my head has a very uniform ovular shape and I shave it, so it's generally easy to fit. I can see it being a problem for others though.