Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangle_Snipe_19

2017 Stick Advice

2 hours ago, colins said:

2016 Bauer 1N, Warrior QRL Pro, Sherwood T120, Ribcor Pro PMT are among the most interesting <$200 CDN sticks available right now. I own the first 3, and have seen the Pro PMT several times in a local shop and every time have been real impressed with the weight, balance and the blade quality at a sub $200 price point.

The 2016 Bauer 1N on sale for $149 is probably the best deal on a stick I've had in the past couple years. Some people diss Bauer for not changing their stick lineup enough, but the Nexus 1N is just really well executed... from the grip texture to the blade durability to the ability to load the stick easily... why would you change it?

colins

Where is the current model 1n selling for 149?

16 hours ago, 02m3smg said:

Where is the current model 1n selling for 149?

Sorry - my bad, I had a $50 coupon for Sportchek when I bought mine that I forgot I used. It was $199 CDN regular price, same as it is now. It's the previous model 1N I was referring to, not the current 2017 model. Is that commonly called the 2016 or is it called the 2014? It's a great stick. It's the one that looks like this. 

Edit: I just checked hockeymonkey, it's the 2016 1N like I stated originally. Even cheaper there on clearance. Sportchek here in Canada seem to have plenty of stock online. They seem to have regular stock of 'clearance' models quite a bit, which is great if you want last years top model stick at second tier pricing.

Bauer-Nexus1N-Stick_7606.jpg

4 hours ago, colins said:

Sorry - my bad, I had a $50 coupon for Sportchek when I bought mine that I forgot I used. It was $199 CDN regular price, same as it is now. It's the previous model 1N I was referring to, not the current 2017 model. Is that commonly called the 2016 or is it called the 2014? It's a great stick. It's the one that looks like this. 

Edit: I just checked hockeymonkey, it's the 2016 1N like I stated originally. Even cheaper there on clearance. Sportchek here in Canada seem to have plenty of stock online. They seem to have regular stock of 'clearance' models quite a bit, which is great if you want last years top model stick at second tier pricing.

Bauer-Nexus1N-Stick_7606.jpg

NP thanks for the info. You had me ready to go out and grab a lot I love the current model 1Ns! 

On 2017-11-04 at 11:37 AM, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

Interesting. Let's us know about the Lite, eh?

1x lite = heaven, It’s undeniably the best stick I’ve used in a long time.  Everything about it is perfect 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, Dangle_Snipe_19 said:

1x lite = heaven, It’s undeniably the best stick I’ve used in a long time.  Everything about it is perfect 

How's the 1x Lite holding up? I've heard a couple reviews of the them breaking after a month.

22 hours ago, Circa6683 said:

How's the 1x Lite holding up? I've heard a couple reviews of the them breaking after a month.

Every new stick every year has "a few reviews of them breaking after a month." Don't believe the hype