Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scurvy

Low kick, soft blade?

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was an option for a low kick stick with a soft feeling blade. It seems that all low kicks now only have super stiff and pingy feeling blades. Thanks guys.

I know I've been pushing these a lot lately but it's because they really are great: the A6.0SBP. It's supposed to have a stiff blade but it's got amazing feel. Crisp but also very good at absorbing shocks.

I'd second @GoalForFun on the True A6.0 SBP. Also, the Warrior AlphaQX doesn't have a super stiff blade in my opinion - shots come off it pretty hard for me, but it isn't nearly as pingy as some others.  

Personally I wouldn't call the True A series a soft blade which what the OP is looking for. The A6.0 is a great stick though. 

When someone says a soft blade I immediately think old One95 or True X-core series. Unfortunately mid kick sticks

Try the BASE Nasty or Reign LT. The Nasty is a low kick and the LT is a dual kick, both with soft-feeling blades (although your experience may vary, as puck feel is very subjective...).

What I was told from base

"It is the exact same shape as a Nasty R. The difference is that it is lighter in weight and the construction has been built to limit torque down low on the stick so that it is less prone to opening up. I use the LT and it is ultra lightweight with amazing pop and plays very smooth."

Easton Stealth CX is a good one. I've been using these since March. I've probably put over 1000 shots on my outdoor net and almost 10 games with one and it's still sharp. Soft blade, low kick. 

On 8/28/2017 at 3:03 PM, malcb33 said:

Personally I wouldn't call the True A series a soft blade which what the OP is looking for. The A6.0 is a great stick though. 

When someone says a soft blade I immediately think old One95 or True X-core series. Unfortunately mid kick sticks

Agreed, I think the softest blade is the Xcore from True. It is more of a mid kick stick, but still has the variable kick tech in it like the A series does. If you're looking for something between a mid and low then that's what you want. If you're looking for specifically a low kick, then you'll have to go to the A6.0 which has a good feel to it, but isn't as stiff and pingy as other low kick sticks.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'd like to give the Trigger2 a go but am wondering if I should just stick with mid kicks. Decisions decisions... 

On 8/27/2017 at 1:35 PM, Scurvy said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was an option for a low kick stick with a soft feeling blade. It seems that all low kicks now only have super stiff and pingy feeling blades. Thanks guys.

You will never find this combo in a retail version. The lower the flex point the more concentrated stress point, so more chance of breakage. Same with a blade, softer blade will crack fast, for this reason no one would release a stick that would bankrupt the company from warranty claims. At a pro level you'll need a true once-piece (not fused) to get a lower kick point. Custom order only probably Warrior is best company to ask for a batch of 6-12,  and then you're looking at breaking each one within one or two weeks. Retail sticks are all "Ping" feel, we went from thick blades to thinner blades, since they can't compromise on wall thickness of a blade too much, foam core thickness was lowered.  Without custom, your choice is to look for older pro stock blades on ebay and guess if they are soft or not, yet the kick point is not that low on a blade / shaft combo even tapered blade. Or start looking for a pro player that uses this combo, few years back when LA won their cups, they had lots of players use softer blades you can even hear it when they pass it, that's if you have a good sound system at home, it was mostly Easton stuff, who knows what they have now. So I'd start with LA guys from that roster.

The new trigger 2 is probably your best bet followed by the Xcore9. Going from toe to heel the trigger2 goes from stiff to soft. Compared to other sticks I have, 1x, 1n, T120, Supertacks 2.0, QRL, alpha Qx1, Superfast, xcore9, the blade noticeably flexes. 

If you're  just looking for puck feel imho the best out there is the Xcore9. Next imho is the Super Tacks 2.0. It's got a super stiff blade, but man, I can really feel the puck well. With these two sticks I can do a lot more by feel without fear of the puck getting away from me.  

I have a Trigger 2 but I haven't used it enough to judge the puck feel on it yet. But from limited use, it's not bad. I'm hoping it'll be as good as the 2.0.