Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jagrsson

trying to remove holders in old skates

Hey guys, is there any way I can pop the rivets out and remove the holders from my old skates without going to the lhs? I want to install mars blades on my old skates on my own. 

Chisel and hammer, or, Dremel. Don't try to drill them out, you risk enlarging the hole, which you'll then have to repair. 

Have you checked how much your LHS would charge to swap out your holders with Marsblades? Might be less than you think.

Not worth the trouble if you have a capable LHS.  At least go there to remove the rivets if you are still wanting to install the Marsblade on your own.  It will take them less than 2 minutes to pop out all of the rivets and you don't risk damaging the boot with a hammer and chisel.

Finally got the chance to go to the lhs to have the mars blades installed, theese things are soo damn heavy ! Lol I'm just planning to use them for off ice training not looking to join a roller league fortunately.