Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Langkow22

Ccm V08 helmet

Hey guys 

I’m after a CCM V08 Helmet in black size medium shipped to the UK 

Absolutely love my one but it’s on its last legs and I don’t like the fit and feel of all the new ones 

hopefully I’ve posted this in the right place :) 

thanks guys 

Your timing is uncanny. I was just surfing for the same yesterday. I mostly came up dry, except for this. Price is great, but the site is based in Singapore and I just didn’t feel comfortable enough to order.  YMMV

Edit: link removed, google ‘Sale Sporting Goods’ at your own risk if you really want to see. 

On 10/15/2017 at 4:58 PM, JGraz15 said:

Still crazy to me CCM discontinued this helmet.  How similar is the fit to the Tacks 110?

The padding is the same but the fit is completely different

11 hours ago, goalieman39 said:

The padding is the same but the fit is completely different

1 hour ago, Langkow22 said:

As goalieman39 said padding is the same

fit is way off 

What would you compare the fit to? Is this a comfortable helmet if it fits your head?

I was using the V8 and I went to the Resistance 110 which is now the Tacks 110. It was a good fit and i did not notice much of a difference for me. Play with the adjusting system to find the right tightness though. but I would recommend if you cant find a V8.

Yea, I had to use eBay to get both my V10 and V08 helmets. I'd check there and hope you find the size you are looking for. I had to flexible in regards to the color just because it was hard finding a V10 in Large haha.

Here is a current listing from SidelineSwap (not my listing):

https://sidelineswap.com/gear/hockey/hockey-helmets/274520-ccm-v08-helmet

I've had several V08's and still regularly use one, they just fit and feel so good.  With that said, I bought a Resistance 100 (or 110?  it was the VN version same as the V08) last year and tried it a few games, I had to sell it because the shape did not work well with my head and caused some pain during games.  I found the resistance to be much more round, almost square fitting compared to the oval shape of the V08.  Even after adjusting to my wits end I couldn't get the Resistance to feel good.  I now have a V08 as well as a bauer IMS 9.0 which I found to have a similar fit (although a medium Bauer is roughly the same as a small V08).

I'd suggest giving the Tacks 310 a try... ever since I got one, I won't go with any other helmet (I used to wear 4500s, went to V08s, now this). I'd also love to give the Tacks 710 a try, I just went with the 310 for price. It is the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.