Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles83

Sher-wood Ek365

I shot it a bit in rapid shot. Feels better and higher quality than the Ek60 (raised texture grip is an improvement). But the VRF.2 blade is too soft for me compared to other blades on the market now.

I also feel it still doesn't kick as well as other top end sticks, with the price increase it is no longer as much as a bargin as previous generations.

I got one on sale a couple of weeks back. Have't really had a chance to really put it through its paces. It's only the second Sherwood I've ever had. The first was a T120, which I also got on sale a few weeks before I got the EK365 and made me want to give the EK365 a try. But I don't have anything overly negative to say about it after using it for two games and a stick and puck session.

The only thing I found that gave me pause was the blade was a bit pingy for my taste when stick handling, which is weird because I believe it's supposed to be the same blade as the T120, which I thought fell within my taste range. Might be some user error on this nit-pick.

Them moving the kick point down lower makes it feel a little like the Warrior QRL when shooting, but not exactly. At this point after limited use, the only thing I'd wish for was that the blade was more stiff. I found the blade opened up a little when I'd catch a hard pass/tried to snap one off the toe. This is understandable considering I use junior sticks, but this doesn't really happen with my Bauer and CCM sticks, especially the Tacks 2.0. 

I remember Sher-woods junior sticks being much more poorly made when compared to their intermediate and senior sticks. It was a completely different construction. Maybe they are all the same now in terms of performance and quality. I'm not sure. I have one of these sticks on order. It should arrive in the next few weeks. I will try to remember to post something in this thread about it after I give it a try. I also have an EK60 to compare it to. I had EK15's before that. I found the performance of both of them to be very near the top sticks from Bauer and Warrior. We'll see what, if any, improvements they have made with the EK365.

I was shopping for sticks today, and shot this stick at Hockey Monkey.  I liked it. It definitely loads lower and releases a bit different than it's predecessors.  It shoots a lot like my QRL did in the same booth. I didn't make a decision yet.

However, I noticed that Ice Warehouse has the EK365 listed as a fused two piece design. Not a huge deal at all, if a stick feels good, that's all that matters.

I could have sworn the EK15 and EK60 were true, one piece sticks. Am I wrong? Did something change with the 365?

As I said, it's not a huge deal. Just curious at this point. Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, IW Team - Chase said:

It's a fused one-piece that utilizes their speared shaft construction process. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Does this differ in any way from the EK15/60?

5 minutes ago, OzziesDad said:

Thank you for the clarification.

Does this differ in any way from the EK15/60?

The physical process does not differ but they are now using three layers of the performance 18K carbon fiber instead of just one layer. This allowed them to lighten up the stick while making it more durable too. 

They got rid of the “flex free zone”. I just picked up a 365 and don’t see anything that tells you what they say the flex is if you cut it. 

I cut my ek60 about 6 inches. It felt a little stiffer than I would like. It’s ant int flex 55 so I might cut my 365 4 inches to start. 

does anyone know if there are plans to expand the curves offered on the 365? I know sometimes Sherwood rolls out curves over time, the trouba is on their 345, and was wondering if it will come to the 365.

On 2017-11-16 at 2:36 PM, Stewie said:

does anyone know if there are plans to expand the curves offered on the 365? I know sometimes Sherwood rolls out curves over time, the trouba is on their 345, and was wondering if it will come to the 365.

or the PP IG12 (Iginla)