Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuckerhockey13

Stick Kick to Flex correlation

I don't know if this has been covered or if some one could point out if this has been covered/ asked but Iv been doing some thinking (and looking at new sticks to buy) and I was wondering if there was a  Kick to Flex correlation that could be used when going from Mid Kick to Low Kick sticks.

Example - Using a Mid Kick at 100 flex has same accuracy and puck speed as low kick at 85. Or reverse the flexes. 

Or am I just off my rocker? 

I don't know of any correlation from mid to low kick, but IMHO, a lot of how a stick feels depends on the individual and their style/mechanics. I had someone say that the Warrior Alpha QX felt stiff to them when compared to an Bauer 1X. This is directly opposite of my experience. I find all Warrior sticks a lot easier to flex. *shrug*

The stiffness along a hockey stick shaft varies depending on kickpoint and brand design, so I'm not sure you can make a universal rule of thumb that would translate across all brands.

Any way my 2 cents. Below is a link to a study on the flex profiles of a bunch of high end sticks, with graphs and stuff. It's an interesting read, and might help, visualize what's going on with the various stick shafts.

http://twu.tennis-warehouse.com/learning_center/hockeyflexprofiles.php

Now if you want to know the correlation on stick height, stick stiffness, and flex rating. That, I think I can help with.