Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skate Mod

Skate Mod Introduction

Don't even name them, at this point just hand a resume to Graf and maybe since they don't have much going on they'll say fuck it and chug your kool aid. 

you say you don't care about VH and think their popularity is due to CCM and Bauer not delivering a product. that simply isn't true, their target market and who their main focus is differs on a rather large scale in terms of focus.

it's very tough for me to take this seriously considering there is absolutely no concrete evidence or proof given in any of your pitch about how essentially a shittier skate is better for you than anything that's offered at retail already.

0 information about who you are or what you've done or your involvement in sports or studies to justify your claims and you want us to jump on board.

Get Real.

4 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Skate Mod, have I missed it or have you still not yet actually posted who you are, what your qualifications are, etc?

Why would _anyone_ (like, a single person that isn't your mom) trust you with $500 at this point?

Mark

In initially funding a startup one might hear about the three Fs: friends, family, and fools...

36 minutes ago, adam14 said:

Don't even name them, at this point just hand a resume to Graf and maybe since they don't have much going on they'll say fuck it and chug your kool aid. 

you say you don't care about VH and think their popularity is due to CCM and Bauer not delivering a product. that simply isn't true, their target market and who their main focus is differs on a rather large scale in terms of focus.

it's very tough for me to take this seriously considering there is absolutely no concrete evidence or proof given in any of your pitch about how essentially a shittier skate is better for you than anything that's offered at retail already.

0 information about who you are or what you've done or your involvement in sports or studies to justify your claims and you want us to jump on board.

Get Real.

But can't go to Graf because they're anathema to him: a "ridiculous" company masquerading speedskates as hockey skates.

Through MLX, VH and now True, Scott Van Horne's hobby has produced a lot more hockey skates than this guy's hobby. And Van Horne's Masters of Science in Biomechanics impresses me a lot more than the engineering credentials that he has hinted at, but not yet produced. With the exception of a couple of expired pitches in Australia and UK, various email addresses and an offer to upload some audio software to a software "sharing" website in 2001, unless he is also a Chess Master, he is pretty much a ghost on the internet. I can't find any successes or credentials. What is sad, is that MSH would normally be a target rich environment for such a person. This board is populated by people who are "gear wh***s" who spend a ton of money on what they hope to be perhaps a slight improvement. However, it is also populated by a lot of people who don't suffer fools gladly and don't appreciate smoke being blown in their faces. And REALLY don't appreciate being told they are wrong or stupid by someone who can only be rude and never seems to back anything up.

The kid has moxy though, I'll give him that. He'll probably score big with something someday though.

Great point @AfftonDad. If there was any place to pitch a new idea, MSH is the place. But at the same time it’s also not a place where people are going to accept somebody who talks a lot of crap without any real substance. 

Come up with a prototype, show us a business plan, tell us why you think your product outperforms everyone else’s. Suggesting other very successful companies whether it’s gians like Bauer or CCM, or more niche players like VH that got some cash infusion from True, aren’t doing things properly just makes you look silly.

On 10/21/2017 at 2:31 PM, Skate Mod said:

Isn't this Graf's take on skates?

As far as my skate mods, it’s half ass, I’m breaking the most important rule of skate engineering, which is reducing lateral strength in favor of more forward flex, it’s mostly aimed at 10-16 year olds that want a high end skate, but can’t flex it, since they are not 200lb it won’t break laterally as fast as a pro player would break it, so no pro player and no real focus on pro players either. There is only so much that can be done to an existing skate that is not engineered properly, so I’m squeezing as much as I can out of it, which is about 10 % - 15% improvement

I welcome all criticism, including personal attacks :-)

Cheers.

51 minutes ago, skiboyny said:

Isn't this Graf's take on skates?

That was exactly my point that was apparently too ridiculous for my level of skate research! 

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

That was exactly my point that was apparently too ridiculous for my level of skate research! 

Clicking on the link of the original thread title brought me to page 1 of the thread. It was funny to go back and read the first page in retrospect.

33 minutes ago, Larry54 said:

Clicking on the link of the original thread title brought me to page 1 of the thread. It was funny to go back and read the first page in retrospect.

I just noticed, if you click in the "flip12 replied..." it'll take you to the comment. If you click in the "VH Footwear/True..." line, you'll get the first page.

I apologize (sarcastic remark for 6th graders) I was walking down the hall and was looking for a teachers conference room, and accidentally walked into a room of 6 graders, without realizing I’m clearly in the wrong room.

I did not realize that I have to get down to the level of 6 graders while I try to explain why I’m here, what my approach was before I got here, how business ideas and products are developed from ground up on a professional level and more importantly how closely guarded are these specific design ideas, concepts, business strategies and “Pitch Decks”. I only resorted to a public forum because the professional approach and the way people usually go about these things did not work and not because I wasn’t qualified or my plan was weak. So this was a last resort. But I’m not going to give up everything for nothing by actually telling you the full plan, no one on this planet will do that even a 6th grader.

As far as asking Bauer guys to comment on VH, the current existing employees like Ivan LeBonte who’s been with Bauer for more then 20 years, Jean Corbeil, I highly doubt they are willing to get down to the level of 6th grader’s and comment on VH and the whole structure even to the people on this forum that know these people personally.

If you ask former employees like Ken Covo, Chris Langevin, I also don’t see why they would get down to the level of 6th graders. But if you asked them privately where full confidentiality would be secured with enough trust behind it, they will tell you that I’m 100% correct about VH, and the fact that there are many people that are connected to the industry are not commenting on this topic publicly is a prime example they know I’m right, they also know they can’t get down to the same level as I was forced to get down too.

I never had issue with Bauer Engineers they follow a plan from the top, if the plan is wrong they all fail, if the plan or direction of specific design strategy is correct they all succeed. Judging by how Bauer ended up, the plan was wrong because following a Nike strategy in hockey could never and would never work long term.

My strategy on this forum is very calculated which is based on Donald Trump strategy, where on the surface everybody hated him and it looked like he’s not going anywhere, but on the inside things are different and there were enough people to believe him without him disclosing an actual plan. The difference is DP did not have an actual plan and did not prepare for 15 years for the outcome and doesn’t know what he’s doing, I did a bit more preparation so I don’t look like a fool if I ever got to a point where I would have a chance to prove myself.

Go back and read my intro again but very carefully, and then go with your gut feeling, do I look like a Brooklynite guy who found a factory in china, simply changed a logo and was trying to sell a lipstick on a pig, or do I have more merit.

So I hope JR will let me stay a for a bit more and not edit to much of my posts. I'm here not to eliminate the 6th graders, I'm here to see them graduate, this will only happen if few more teachers will step in and back me up.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

You seem strangely obsessed with 6th graders. 

I expected something about the Trump strategy.

3 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

I expected something about the Trump strategy.

Too easy. And politics should be avoided here as much as possible anyway. 

This thread is gold.

I have an idea for new equipment. I can't really provide details, but I can trash existing manufacturers. However, trust me when I say I'm really smart. So smart that I'm going to ask you guys for $400 and then insult you. So you should go with my offer because you will only be throwing away $400, that's a savings of $100. You don't even need to be in 6th grade to see this is obviously a better deal. Just go with your gut feeling, and your gut feeling better be to give some Internet rando hundreds of dollars.

1 hour ago, Davideo said:

This thread is gold.

I have an idea for new equipment. I can't really provide details, but I can trash existing manufacturers. However, trust me when I say I'm really smart. So smart that I'm going to ask you guys for $400 and then insult you. So you should go with my offer because you will only be throwing away $400, that's a savings of $100. You don't even need to be in 6th grade to see this is obviously a better deal. Just go with your gut feeling, and your gut feeling better be to give some Internet rando hundreds of dollars.

Don't forget that if people ask around, they will be told that you're right. 

MN guy played well over 50 years still playing.  

Skates reached the height of perfection with the Mission Pure Fly

My credentials:  greatest benchwarmer in the history of MN high school hockey.  

nuff said

Da Grafs are okay at least my pair but not as good as da Pure Fly. 

To me is it more about da talent in the skates than the skate.

Bobby Orr would crush Gretzky or anyone today while wearing his old tacks

Bobby Orr, Aaron Broten, and I

greatest ever